cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing Integration

christian_hercher
Discoverer
0 Kudos

SAP xMII allows to synchronize and connect to shop floor systems with pre defined connectors.

Here my questions:

How does xMII is able to handle with Web-Services via SOAP?

Is PI (previous XI) the same like MII? If yes, In which way?

There is also the opportunity to use the Enterprise Service Bundle IMES.

Use Case 1: Production Planner / Supervisor

Step 1: A production planner/supervisor looks for new production orders by work center, material, date range, or any combination of these ES: Find Production Order by Elements

Step 2: A list of production orders matching the search criteria is propagated and the user selects one, which displays the relevant information ES: Read Production Order

Step 3: The contents of the production order are translated into an ISA-95 Production Schedule Message and sent to a shop floor system (No enterprise service is invoked during this step)

SAP say that there is the ability to synchronize between SAP ERP and shop floor system with the ES bundle IMES. But according to the described Business Case there ain`t a Enterprise Service so far (see Step 3 above). why?

Greetz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christian_hercher
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thx for the information.

Do you have any idea how the integration between SAP ERP and MII and between MII and MES via Web-Service works?

I need some more detailled information about this topic.

Thx in Advance

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

SAP ME 5.2 is available with an MII solution that provides connectivity between SAP ERP and ME. It listens for IDOCS for inbound messages to ME for orders, BOMS, material, etc. and makes BAPI calls to ERP for outbound confirmation messages to ERP for backflushing, scrap, etc. Connectivity between MII and SAP ME is via SOAP/Web Services.

- Steve

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you are looking to better understand the SAP-ME and SAP-MII relationship, you may be better off putting your question on the SAP-ME forum. If you are asking about a generic MES SAP-MII relationship, that would really depend more upon what interface capability is built into the MES. Which is your situation?

Regards,

Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Yes, MII can handle webservices via SOAP.

Here is a thread with a brief explanation of the differences between PI (formerly XI) and MII (formerly xMII). [MII vs PI|;.

All of what you are trying to do is mostly already configured by some of the projects available as downloads from the [MII wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=15601]. There is also a lot of other good information there for MII.

Using ES via MII is certainly an option. You also have the option of using RFC/BAPI through either JCo or JRA and you may see better performance going that route. Using LOIPRO, LOIBOM, LOIROU, etc. IDocs pushed down to MII by ECC is also easily implemented and can be configured to automatically deliver the IDocs to MII upon change/creation/deletion.

The configuration of the data from the production order into a standard S95 format is rather easily done within MII.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on May 27, 2010 4:17 PM