cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Field values

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Can any one suggest me .. how to map the field values in a form from one tab to other tab .

i.ie. Field values entered in one tab needs to be populated in other tab fields.

Any suggestions

Thanks in Advance

Tayi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tayi,

I might suggest using a Field Data Edit script, which runs during tab changes or when auto-refreshing fields. Both the old and new values of the field are made available to the script. You can use this to copy the (new) value of your field into another field on the same object. Something like "doc.getExtensionField("OTHERFIELD").set(newFieldValue)" might do the trick if your other field is an extension

If you are new to scripting in CLM and E-Sourcing I highly caution you. It can be very dangerous to use. And, Field Data Edit scripts can kill performance if not used properly.

For more information search the SAP downloads for the Scripting and Workflow guide.

-Howie Wexler, Crafty Systems, Inc.

978 273 3600

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you . In a form on Page 1 i have defined a field "estimated cost" and once the user fills this value , it has to get updated on page3 field "estimate cost " (Extension Variable).

//doc.getExtensionField("ESTIMATED_COST").set("Estimate_cost);

Using the ablove line is giving error as it's an undefiend variable ..

Please suggest me how to resolve

Thanks in Advance

Tayi

Edited by: TDeepika on May 28, 2010 10:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to be:

doc.getExtensionField("estimate cost").set(doc.getExtensionField("ESTIMATED_COST").get());

Answers (0)