cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS authorisation control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created some documents using CV01N,and when I open any doc using CV03N,a copy of the same is created on my system in a folder named Default.Dont knw why this is happening but i want to restrict it.

Also,in display view CV03N, can i control print and save / "save as" options. Do not want users to print the originals or save the originals.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

For controllling the print and save options are authorization based and SAP BASIS activity.

In dc30 you can use in "Define workstation application in network" you can maintain PC and applicaiton type as 1or 2.

And not 3 (it;s for print).

Save and display can be managed in roles by basis person. It's roleswise authorization to person for create,change,display and download(save on desktop) activity.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks for ur comments Ravindra,will try this...

But wat abt the problem of the original files getting saved on the system in the folder named default,how to restrict that??every time open a doc,a copy of the same is saved in my system in DEFAULT folder...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Whenever anyone opens the file in SAP GUI, one copy is saved with user name and a sequesnce no. in the following address of the machine:

C:\Documents and Settings\admin\SapWorkDir\

Now for your problem the solution is that insted of the folder named "DEFAULT" you can change the path of these files.

You may take help from local IT helpdesk related to system problems and ask them to change the path.

Otherwise if you can able to do , try it from registery edit or programe setting.

I hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

You can either fire the 3rd party application in place (which is not always that nice due to the limited real estate on the screen) or as a separate session (which usually makes most sense). This will mean that SAP hands complete control over to the 3rd party software i.e. word, excel, cad or whatever. SAP does not delete this file when it is done. If you start the application outplace (separate window), SAP does not know when you close the file. You can close SAP in the background and continue working on the file. How will SAP then know when to delete the file?

Now - SAP stores the file encrypted in a content server or database. Therefore Windows (or whatever 3rd party software you use) will need a copy of this file to open. Therefore SAP reconstructs the encrypted file stored and save it as a temporary file on your hard drive. It then gives a typical DDE like command to the software to open the file...just like double clicking on the file in explorer.

Reasoning is that your own desktop these day should be secure enough - so what does it matter if the file stays behind? You can also use shared network drive to host these temp files. We also use a development to wipe these files from time to time in a higher security environment. It is much easier if you work in place - then you can ensure the file gets removed every time with a minor tweak. Just remember the issue around the limited space to see your worksheet in excel or word document when using inplace.

There are also amazing pdf conversion packages available that does stamping of files with watermarks and expiry dates, preventing printing of a files and it can also ensure that the electronic file "self destruct" after a set period of time etc!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank your very much for ur suggestion to restrict the "Print" of uploaded documents

it works.

but how can i restrict "Save as" option?

is there any configuration related change required?

As u have suggested that Basis person can control the "Save as" option through role but is it possible to control through configuration?

please revert.

Thanks & Regard's

Ms. Kruti Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kruti Shah,

I meet the same issue as you,I also want to control the "Print" function on T-code CV03N, if you can share the method to me.thanks

Best Regards,

Bill Chen

Answers (0)