cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Mine is a File to Idoc case. I have a header segment. The first field under that starts from fifth position. So in Fcc, since its fieldfixedlengths, should I leave space for the empty header ?

Again there are fields that have mapping not mandatory in FSd. Do I have to create the field for them also while creating outbound data type ?

Again the secopnd field ends at 16. But the fifth field starts only at 41. The third doesn't have mapping and they didn't mention the mapping for fourth, so should it be 24 for the one for which the mapping is mentioned ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally in such cases, you read all the fields from the source FILE into the source MT.....then in the transformation avoid mapping the unwanted fields.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. So in short we need to create the data type for entirre fields in source irrespective of whether they need mapping or not

And what about the discrepancy in the field lengths. What should I do about that ?

The second field ends at 16. The fifth field starts at 41. They didn't mention the length for the third and fourth fields. Do I have to get it clarfied from functional guys ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

in FCC if you are dealing with fixed length file then you have to count the space also .

i.e if field is xyz bsdf

then toatal length of fielld one is 3+ spaces and length of second file it is 4 +spaces .

In short in source fiieldyou h you have to count the spaces also if any field is optional then you have to ask your functional guy that what will be its actual length including space .

you can also see /ask from target abap part that what is the length they are expecting for each field including spaces.

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
And what about the discrepancy in the field lengths. What should I do about that ?
Do I have to get it clarfied from functional guys ?

It will be better to know either the FieldLengths or FieldSeparator (if it is present).....so that if you have field lengths then you can make use of fieldFixedLengths property of the FCC.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

> The second field ends at 16. The fifth field starts at 41. They didn't mention the length for the third and fourth fields. Do I have to get it clarfied from functional guys ?

If you are using the FCC as fixed length then we should mention the length of the field, so better to contact the functional guys.

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.