cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a new track. When we try to create a new DC in NWDS a bunch of error messages are thrown. The common sentence in most of the error messages is "Cannot find compartment of used component". We checked in the CBS and indeed the compartment for this Software Component has not been initialized, instead the request for initialization has been queued. We tried deleting the buildspace and saving the track again but that did not change anything.

Please help in resolving this issue.

Best Regards

Gaurang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurang,

did only this compartment get not initialized or all of them? Is you CBS working otherwise?

Kind regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for writing...This is first time we are creating tracks in our landscape. We were able to create the track and add Software Component to it but when we try to add DC to this SC we got a bunch of errors. We are able to access CBS and see the requests queued...so i gues that CBS is working fine.

Just that compartment is not getting initialized....

Hope this answers your quries.

Best Regards

Gaurang Dayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

request getting queued is not necessarily implicating CBS is working. It could although mea CBS is not processing any requested all. Initializing compartments is the first thing CBS does after saving a track...

Can you please check if the CBS "idle start" parameter is set to "false". This can be checked in Visual Admin for Nw 7.0x based BWDI and in NWA for 7.1x systems.

Please see here for some details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/31/9959400d9d1059e10000000a155106/content.htm

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

The idle start is set to true...Should we change it to false...?

If yes...please let me know what steps should steps should be followed afterwards...

Thanks a lot...

Regards

Gaurang Dayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes please set it to false, this will enable request processing in CBS.

Well afterward all your compartments should be initialized. And DC creation should be possible.

If the rest of your track setup is ok, you shold be alble to start your development.

Hope this helped you

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for a very helpful reply... The compartment is getting initialized now but still we are facing errors while creating the DC.

Now the error statement is something like "Cannot find compartment of used component"

Any inputs?

Best Regards

Gaurang Dayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

I need more details to help you here.

How did you setup your SC you are trying to create the DC in, what are the build time dependencies you created? and please let me know for what SAP release you want to develop your app.

Did you setup your NWDI using template installer in NWA?

Have a good time

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Our NW version 7.0

Firstly we ran the template installer to configure NWDI --> We created the Product and SC in SLD --> We added SAP-JEE, SAP_JTECHS, SAP_BUILDT under the dependencies for this SC.

Then we created the track in CMS --> Added this SC to the track --> Assembled the component in Transport Studio.

Imported the Config in NWDS --> Create DC --> got a warning while creating DC (Some used DC's are not available locally.You have to sync used DCs for this project) --> Got a bunch of errors when clicked on Sync used DCs

That's the whole story.. hope this helps...

Best Regards

Gaurang Dayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

if this it all you did, then you forgot to checkin the required SAP SCAs to your track.

You have to copy the 3 SCA files you mentioned into your CMS inbox. Make sure you use the same Service Pack version your runtime system the app will run on uses. if you are not sure where your CMS inbox is. Check the domain Data in the landscape configurator. It is defined in the "transport directory" path. sub-folder /CMS/inbox.

After you copied your files there, go to transport studio in CMS, checkin the files and transport/import them to development and consolidation. This should do the trick.

In NW 7.1x NWDS i a bit smarter it will just not let you create a DC at all if the components are not checked in.

Please let me know what the result is

Looking forward hearing from you

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right...lemme try this part out...

Thanks for your help..really appreciate it...

Best Regards

Gaurang Dayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are very welcome,

this is pretty basic stuff, but don't get discouraged, we all started where you are now.

Kind Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved. The SAP_BUILDT file deployed was corrupt. Downloaded it again from SMP and deployed it using SDM.

Thanks for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

good to hear the issue is resolved. Please mark the question as answered any time convenient to you.

But I am a little bit surprised on how you resolved it. Did you check in the build tool to your track or did you really deploy it to your J2EE.

SAP_BUILDT has no real function deployed on a system. It is only used by CBS as far as I know.

Never the less - good job.

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

The BUILDT was not appearing in the Transport Studio even after adding the same in the CMS inbox. I tried deploying this sca but SDM was not able to load the file. Without this the DC was still giving a component missing error.

So we downloaded the file from SMP and deployed it. Subsequently added the file in CMS inbox and henceforth was able to perform check in.

Best Regards

Gaurang Dayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your subsequent action did the trick, the deployment was not necessary.

Answers (0)