cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMP: When will go HTTP and When we will go for SOAP????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

Here i have requirement like that, I want to syn the date from SAP to external applications eg.., dot net So here which adapter i need to use here ,Either HTTP or SOAP??

When we will go for Http and when we will go SOAP ? and which suits for dot net applications and which suits for java kind of applications ...

Can you explain me what is the difference between this two adapter and which is the best one???

Thanks in Advance

Regards

JS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SEARCH IN SDN,YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOAP,HTTP Adapter,based on your bussiness requirement you can decide which one fits for your req.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajasekar,

Can you provide me the link because i not able to get..

Thanks in advance

Regards

J Sarathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarathy,

So here which adapter i need to use here ,Either HTTP or SOAP??

It completely depends on the receiving system. I prefer web services, so if they can receive web services, then go for SOAP.

When we will go for Http and when we will go SOAP ? and which suits for dot net applications and which suits for java kind of applications ...

It completely depends on the scenario. In system integration, you first identify the scenario, and then choose the adapter which best suits the scenario.

On .NET applications, it's easier to create / maintain web services.

Can you explain me what is the difference between this two adapter and which is the best one???

Please do a search on SDN / SAP Help, you will find plenty of blogs / forum postings on this topic.

Regards,

Neetesh

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>When we will go for Http and when we will go SOAP ? and which suits for dot net applications and which suits for java kind of applications

in your scenario

SAP --> PI --> nonSAPAppl

the decision of choosing between HTTP and SOAP adapter depends on the capability of nonSAPAppl, and not the whether it is based on java or dotNet,

if your nonSAPAppl is capable of receiving xml messages over http(web) you can go for HTTP adapter

if your nonSAPAppl is web-service enabled and can recive soap messages over http, you can go for SOAP adapter.

regards,

BJagdishwar