Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer's Access Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does SAP verify developer's access key whether it is a valid number or not? Why I am asking this question is even I try to enter to enter the access key that is DEVACCESS table for logon user, it says "invalid number".

My installation number is "INITIAL". I can not register using OSS because it is a temperary license.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a playground system(practice) .you need to enter the accesskey (from OSS) .but here you are entering the DEVACCESS accesskey it will not be the same.who installed this , you can ask him for the accesskey he can able to do that job much faster.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Yes, It is for practice. I am trying to reach this person who installed it for me, but I could not get in touch with him so far. Is there anyway I can find this access key in R3?.

Message was edited by: Raju Chowdary

0 Kudos

Hi,

No idea, But the key which you are using will not work.you have to have OSS key then only it works.generally they bypass all these and do something.thats why i asked you to contact him.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hmm.

Once you have been registered as a developer in <b>any</b> system of a specific customer, the access key stored in field ACCESSKEY in table DEVACCESS for a certain user can be used in all systems for that customer.

If this does not work for the system you are working on, you should check the license.

If you have OSS/markt place access registered for that system, you can register the user and get the access key online.

Regards,

Clemens