Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting of data in adobe forms

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an adobe form designed which picks the data from the backend. In one specific case, a table comprising of different headers with different data, including date is being called.

My pdf simply displays the data, the way it is stored in the backend. But now I want to display the data, sorting by its date mentioned. Is it possible for the pdf to read the content of the data and display it based on the sorting defined on the layout end?

I did come across the 'controls' option for the table(under context) and tried adding the field name for sorting based on ascending/descending. But unfortunately, whenever I tried to enter the field name as 'date', it gives me an error saying "component does not exist". I have tried for other fields too, but the same message. This message comes irrespective of the check box for 'already sorted' property.

What could be the reason for this?

In the code initialisation of the interface, I heard that there can be a sort mechanism being coded. Is this alternative possible in my case?

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I could successfully sort the data by placing a sorting code in the Interface for the adobe form.

Thanks!

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You´d better sort the table in the backend (data does not change in the form, as you said, you can do that). If that is your program which prepares the data, change it, if that is a standard, find an exit or repair it or you can do that in the interface. You would maybe like to read my blog about the changes of forms: /people/otto.gold/blog/2010/05/06/how-to-deal-with-sap-standard-adobe-forms

Otto