cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC Process Control 3.0 and SAP GRC RM 3.0 Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Since SAP GRC Process Control 3.0 and Risk Management 3.0 is used interchangeably in SAP ServiceMarketplace Guides, I have following questions too only related to GRC Risk Management 3.0 (combined with GRC Process Control 3.0).

SAP Master Guide for SAP RM 3.0 Says

To implement SAP BusinessObjects Risk Management, I have to install the backend system and the frontend Risk Management applications first. Then perform the following steps:

Step Action

1 Install default SAP Solution Manager

Question 1- Based on above SAP Master Guide quote, My question is Do I need Solution manager on the same system as Risk Management or can I provide the SAP RM 3.0, the same Solution Manager system, which has been given to entire landscape i.e. ECC, BI, XI etc)

2 Required Install NetWeaver 7.01 SP 3 or higher (ABAP & Java)

Question 2- If I provide lots of memory and do a good sizing, then can I share the same AS JAVA for GRC AC 5.3 & GRC RM 3.0.)

(Also can I share the same AS ABAP for SAP GRC PC 3.0 and SAP RM 3.0?)

3 Install component GRFND_A (Risk Management Foundation Component)

4- Install Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1

Question 3- Can I use the same Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 for SAP PC 3.0 and SAP RM 3.0?

5-Configure SAP Business Objects Risk Management

Access the SAP Solution Manager and the Customizing Implementation Guide in the backend system to carry out configuration.

Question 4- Can I have the SAP GRC RM 3.0 backend the SAP GRC RM 3.0frontend system on the same system, containing SAP GRC 5.3 & SAP GRC PC 3.0 and then carry out the customizing implementation Guide procedure on Solution Manager on the same server (the same Solution manager which is the one, which has been shared for the entire landscape containing ECC, BI, XI etc.)?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding your questions:

Question 1- Based on above SAP Master Guide quote, My question is Do I need Solution manager on the same system as Risk Management or can I provide the SAP RM 3.0, the same Solution Manager system, which has been given to entire landscape i.e. ECC, BI, XI etc)

Solution Manager does not need to be on the same box - just use the "shared" one like for other SAP Solutions (the one you used for ECC, BI...)

Question 2- If I provide lots of memory and do a good sizing, then can I share the same AS JAVA for GRC AC 5.3 & GRC RM 3.0.)

Yes, provided you're using AC 5.3 SP10 since only after that SP AC runs on NetWeaver 7.01

Also can I share the same AS ABAP for SAP GRC PC 3.0 and SAP RM 3.0?

Technically you'll have to since the GRCFND_A ABAP add-on contains both PC & RM!

Also, running/setting up PC & RM in one (ABAP) client facilitates the PC-RM integration!

Question 3- Can I use the same Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 for SAP PC 3.0 and SAP RM 3.0?

Yes, PC & RM will create separate folders on the BOE XI servers containing their respective Crystal Reports.

Question 4- Can I have the SAP GRC RM 3.0 backend the SAP GRC RM 3.0frontend system on the same system, containing SAP GRC 5.3 & SAP GRC PC 3.0 and then carry out the customizing implementation Guide procedure on Solution Manager on the same server (the same Solution manager which is the one, which has been shared for the entire landscape containing ECC, BI, XI etc.)?

Don't know why Solution Manager is mentioned again here in the guide - you'll perform the customizing on the AS ABAP where you installed the PC/RM ABAP add-on.

Cheers,

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dominic. Your answers are very much appreciated.

I have only 2 questions remaining.

My question: Also can I share the same AS ABAP for SAP GRC PC 3.0 and SAP RM 3.0?

Answer: Technically you'll have to since the GRCFND_A ABAP add-on contains both PC & RM!

Also, running/setting up PC & RM in one (ABAP) client facilitates the PC-RM integration!

1- Does this mean that it is requirement to have PC & RM on same ABAP Stack, since GRC_FND_A ABAP Add-on contains both PC & RM? (In our case we would be happy to have PC & RM on same ABAP Stack).

2- But if suppose, there is a requirement to have PC &RM on seperate ABAP Stacks, so Is it possible? (Do I have to install GRC_FND_A ABAP Add-on on both the seperate ABAP Stacks?)

2b- In this case, is the integration with RM & PC on 2 seperate ABAP Stacks done by RFCs or is there any other seperate procedure?

Thanks,

Imran

0 Kudos

Hi Imran

1- Does this mean that it is requirement to have PC & RM on same ABAP Stack, since GRC_FND_A ABAP Add-on contains both PC & RM? (In our case we would be happy to have PC & RM on same ABAP Stack).

Well, it's not a requirement to have PC & RM on the same ABAP instance, but since GRCFND_A contains both the PC and the RM code you automatically get both when installing the add-on.

Of course that does not mean you need to activate/customize both PC & RM!

2- But if suppose, there is a requirement to have PC &RM on seperate ABAP Stacks, so Is it possible? (Do I have to install GRC_FND_A ABAP Add-on on both the seperate ABAP Stacks?)

Yes it's possible, but as I wrote both solutions (PC & RM) will be "there" even if you only use one of them.

If you wanted PC and RM on separate instances you'd install the GRCFND_A on both instances but only acitvate PC in one and RM in the other instance...

2b- In this case, is the integration with RM & PC on 2 seperate ABAP Stacks done by RFCs or is there any other seperate procedure?

Re-reading the documentation here gives me the idea that the integration only works if PC & RM are on the same instance and in the same client - I haven't seen/found any customizing relating e.g. to RFCs for the integration...

Cheers,

Dominic

Answers (0)