cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ALV grid on_data_check event not triggering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following scenarios for the on_data_check event in my web dynpro alv grid :

1) it gets triggerred when i change data in my alv then click "check"

2) it gets triggerred when i change data in my alv then click "enter" then click "check"

3) it gets triggerred when i enter a filter value then change data in my alv then click "check"

4) it doesn't gets triggerred when i enter a filter value then change data in my alv then click "enter" then click "check"

Please advise why it wouldnt get triggered in the fourth case which is identical to the second case above except that there is a filter active. Also, the fourth case is identical to the third case except for the clicking of "enter" before the check.

It would also be nice to know the exact relationship between clicking the "check" button and the "on_data_check" event so that I can understand a bit better.

Many thanks in advance!

Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samir - which version of SAP NetWeaver you are and support package?

I think there's a bug in component SALV_WD_TABLE from SAP, I had a similar issue but with validations in the ALV and the change log behavior is not correct so ON_DATA_CHECK do not gets trigger.

I did a workaround storing the change log in attributes and validating my way.

Try this in debugger:

2) it gets triggerred when i change data in my alv then click "enter" then click "check"

Call the ON_DATA_CHECK after clicking "CHECK" and see the OLD_VALUE and the NEW_VALUE.

OLD_VALUE will be different than NEW_VALUE

4) it doesn't gets triggerred when i enter a filter value then change data in my alv then click "enter" then click "check"

Call the ON_DATA_CHECK after clicking "CHECK" and see the OLD_VALUE and the NEW_VALUE.

OLD_VALUE will be the same as NEW_VALUE so the change log do not see a change so it wont call ON_DATA_CHECK.

I believe that if you call ON_DATA_CHECK after clicking "ENTER" then maybe the change log has a change and will trigger ON_DATA_CHECK but I'm not positive about that.

It will be great if SAP comes with a solution for this bug in SALV_WD_TABLE on_data_check.

I'm in SAP_BASIS ,SAP_ABA - 7.01 and level 0005.

thanks!

Jason PV