cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCoException (180) JCO_ERROR_DESTINATION_DATA_INVALID error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I'm relatively new to SAP but would welcome any advice as to what might be causing the following error:

I created a Webdynapro project and deployed it as a BAPI successfully (using SAP NetWeaver 7.2 SP01).

I changed the GUI to reference other fields in the model.

After doing that, every time I try and deploy and run I get the error message:

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (180) JCO_ERROR_DESTINATION_DATA_INVALID: Destination WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST was changed. Refresh the destination instance with the JCoDestinationManager.

What does it mean by refresh the destination instance with the JCoDestinationManager? How do I do this?

I tried recreating the destinations just in case that was a problem, but to no avail. I even undeployed the project on the development box, but that didn't make any difference.

Thanks in advance for any tips or help you can provide.

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wheatley,

Please try re-import the model and update the new working JCO Destination for "Default Logical Name for model instances" and "Default logical names for RFC metada"

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/FAQ-Models-Adaptive+RFC

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

Regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get solution for this issue? We are facing the same issue.

We are in CE 7.1, Ehp1. And we are using ARFC2 models.

Regards,

Aparnna Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparnna,

I haven't had chance to look at the problem again, as I moved onto something else for the time being (typical!).

All I can suggest is look at Arun Jaiswal's message further up in this thread, it might help you.

However, I've done similar changes to different projects that caused this issue and it hasn't re-occurred. It's most odd.

Sorry I'm not of much help.

Regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to clear RFC Metadata cache, this message specifies its inconsistent with reimported model.

You can do it via NWA->Perfomance Management->Resource Monitoring->Jco Monitoring or by restarting the server.

Answers (0)