cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program,screen and Table Defination buffers space 100%utilized

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

while monitoring the system I observed PROGRAMBUFFER , Screen Buffer and TableDefinition buffers are 100% utilized, but its not effecting the system performance at all. Is the value is showing wrong or it wont effect system peformance. can I change the these parameters in the profiles.

plz guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you see as 100 % is the hit ratio of the buffers, which means that if a user queries from a program he gets it all the time (n out of n times). Which is the best possible scenario for a SAP system.

Check for the SWAPS column this is more important & for the Program Buffer upto 10,000 swaps is fine.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are usingwe are using SAP ERP 6.0, oracle 10.2.0.2.0 on IBM AIX 64-Bit.RAM 12GB.

These are the buffers using swaps.

Table definition buffer TTAB Swaps 26,608

Field description buffer FTAB Swaps 24,486

Initial record buffer IRBD Swaps 47,467

Generic key table buffer TABL Swaps 90

Program buffer PXA Swaps 124,459

CUA buffer CUA Swaps 32,956

Screen buffer PRES Swaps 704

Export/import buffer EIBUF Swaps 100,229

Program buffres,InitialRecords and Export/import buffers Everday swaps are increasing.

what could be the issue.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> while monitoring the system I observed PROGRAMBUFFER , Screen Buffer and TableDefinition buffers are 100% utilized, but its not effecting the system performance at all. Is the value is showing wrong or it wont effect system peformance. can I change the these parameters in the profiles.

100 % utilization means that they are full - which is good for buffers

The number of swaps is more relevant - combined with the uptime of the system.

Markus