cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realignment on Info cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your suggestion to reduce time to realign Info cube. I am explaining in detail...

Due to customer requirement we are creating one Snapshot cube where we are extracting 13 month data for each snapshot day i.e. once in month. Customer want some reporting on this data.

Now we have 12 snapshot data in snapshot cube i.e. 12 X 13 = 156 months data & we have almost 200K CVCs.

Now before start of forecasting cycle we need to realign the snapshot cube data & for that we are having 1000-1500 steps in realignment every month. So it takes more than 3 days to perform realignment on cube & due to this report is getting delayed.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate method to reduce time to realign cube?

Thanks in Advance...

Regards

Sujay Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

Try using the option importing file from

server during realignment

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Could you please explain it in details? How can we use this functionality?

Regards

Sujay Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

Problem seems to be with the data volume in the snapshot cube which is leading to delay in realignment.

Is it possible for your reduce the data content of the cube having only 3 months of data in one cube and then realign ?

This way your infocubes will increase to 4 but processing in 4 jobs would be faster in total, than the total activity together as of now.

For reporting, you will have take input from all the 4 cubes.

Regards

Datta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

You can set this indicator, if you want to upload a file containing realignment steps from

the application server. A field then appears in which you enter the file name.

(more or like an SAP directory using al11 tables)

If you want to upload a file from your PC, enter the relaignement table and choose

Utilities > Import File.

Regards

R. Senthil mareeswaran