cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCoException (180) JCO_ERROR_DESTINATION_DATA_INVALID error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I'm relatively new to SAP but would welcome any advice as to what might be causing the following error.

I created a Webdynapro project and deployed it as a BAPI successfully.

I changed the GUI to reference other fields in the model.

After doing that, every time I try and deploy and run I get the error message:

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (180) JCO_ERROR_DESTINATION_DATA_INVALID: Destination WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST was changed. Refresh the destination instance with the JCoDestinationManager.

What does it mean by refresh the destination instance with the JCoDestinationManager? How do I do this?

I tried recreating the destinations just in case that was a problem, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any tips or help you can provide.

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you post in wrong place, pls ask in java webdynpro section. Anyway did you configure the Jco destination in web admin after you deploy you ear file? Kindly configure the login info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I can move the question.

The JCO destination was configured before the project was deployed (including the ear file). I'll leave this thread open a little longer in case you respond!

Regards,

Ian

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may try to test the jco connection in the Web Dynpro content administrator. In case the connection fail, try to enter the valid login info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I'll give that a go. I've moved the question to the general section (SAP NetWeaver AS, General) in the section you suggested.

Regards...

Answers (0)