Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit MM01 according to field DIVISION (SPART) in "general data" and views

former_member577095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are in a 4.0b.

Our goal is to authorize some users to create/modify material master data (MM01/MM02) depending from the combination of views (basic data, purchasing, mrp, ..) and field DIVISION (SPART) in the "General Data" frame of "Basic Data 1" label.

I can imagine 2 possible situations:

1) for division (SPART) AA, AB, AC only for views K, E, S

2) for division (SPART) ZX, ZY, ZZ only for views L,G

From my experience I know that object M_MATE_STA (for manege views) is "stand alone" and cannot be used in join with other authorizatuions objects of class MM_G.

I have not found any authorization object to filter the field SPART.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea

Following are the list of objects having field SPART(Division) in them. All of these are SD related objects.

V_KNA1_VKO

V_KONA_VKO

V_KONH_VKO

V_VBAK_VKO

V_VBKA_VKO

Thanks.

Anjan

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea

Following are the list of objects having field SPART(Division) in them. All of these are SD related objects.

V_KNA1_VKO

V_KONA_VKO

V_KONH_VKO

V_VBAK_VKO

V_VBKA_VKO

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

the one you missed and most relevant for the question would have been M_MATE_VKO

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's no modelling of MM0* to SPART.

VKORG is the level where you can act - no lower.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea,

I agree with Mylene, this isn't supported as standard. How important is this restriction? You have options ranging from implementing a compensating control all the way to looking for an exit or enhancement point to force additional validation.

0 Kudos

> I agree with Mylene, this isn't supported as standard. How important is this restriction? You have options ranging from implementing a compensating control all the way to looking for an exit or enhancement point to force additional validation.

Hi Alex,

Compensating controls?? - How and why do they pop up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

What you ask, is possible but you would have to think of the pro's and con's of developing such business requirements.

You could always create a Z-object with Division as a field and have the abap code modified - but as i said, do think of the outcome of the action

My personal experience says, NOT to try tricks with the Material Master.......i am still suffering the after effects of changes made to the ABAP code 8 or 9 years back , and every fortnight we have business meetings on what should and what shouldnt be made available to end users........

we have a spaghetti of restrictions and possible combinations of users and specifc view access restrictions built in our system - If you believe my word on this, take it for granted - that the plan you have on mind would eventually lead to a disastrous situation (as we currently face) - with business requirements going from restricitons on views for specific users to restrcitions on specific fields.

and the fields in material master that come from MARA (Basic Data views) are spread across in different other views and it can lead to a very complex structure to build authorizations

EX: If you manage to restrict the user on creating or changing on the Division in Basic data, you would still have to give acess to the user to his own sales area to extend the material (object M_MATE_VKO), once the user has this access, he can go to the sales data 1 tab and change the division from A to B, this will get updated to the Basic data tab, although the user might not have access to basic data

so be careful is what i can say................

and good luck

An other quick note: when you restrict users on the Basic data views, the users from Purchase department wouldnt be able to maintain the Manufacturing part number (i dont know if it applies to your company) but the intention is to highlight the difficulties with MM01/MM02

Edited by: Shekar.J on May 28, 2010 4:16 PM