Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.0 ehp1 Sp1 problem on linux

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed NW 7.0 with EHP 1 SP1 on Linux and database is SAPDB.

Before installation i have set the OS level parameter and have created the users accordingly.

Now the installation is successful and the i can login into the new SAP AS server.

There are two problems:

1. The SAP AS server is running since its installation and when i try to stop the AS server by login as SIDADM, it shows command not found(Command is stopsap or sapstop both).

2. I started sgen in the the same system and after 23 % completion the system has hanged and it is not loggin in. Looks like the log area is full and as i cannot see the SAPDB manager on Linux there is not work around available and the command DBMCLI is also not working from any SAP os user.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,

Sharib

Sorry this is a duplicate entry as the same post is there in SAP on LINUX: Sharib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The SAP AS server is running since its installation and when i try to stop the AS server by login as SIDADM, it shows command not found(Command is stopsap or sapstop both).

You can check if path /sapmnt/<SID>/exe is included in your PATH variable of <SID>adm user.

You can check with "#echo $PATH" command as <SID>adm user.

OR step in to /sapmnt/<SID>/exe directory to execute "startsap" and "stopsap" command.

2. I started sgen in the the same system and after 23 % completion the system has hanged and it is not loggin in. Looks like the log area is full and as i cannot see the SAPDB manager on Linux there is not work around available and the command DBMCLI is also not working from any SAP os user.

Not sure about SAPDB, but in Oracle SGEN generates archive log and /oracle/<SID>/oraarch directory gets filled up. so check the similar thing in SAPDB.

Main problem is your login profile.

You can also do one thing. Copy all profiles from <sid>adm user to /etc/profile.d directory. so that all logged in users will have those environment settings.

Remember all login profiles are hidden so copy it using below command.

1. su - <SID>adm

2. cp -a .* /etc/profile.d

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so check the similar thing in SAPDB

Nope, you can only clear the logs by doing a logs backup... you need either DB Manager or dbmcli commands.

Regards

Juan

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Rajesh,

When i login as SIDadm or as sqdSID, i cant see any path setting that is relevant to SAP.

Neither path to any of the SAP directories.

I have worked on Solaris before and all the PATH env variables were set accordingly during SAP installation.

So can u tell me the PATH to be set for SIDADM and SQDSID users?

Regards,

Sharib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharib,

It is difficult to tell all the parameter, best option is to check with any of other system in your landscape and then copy same profile file to this server.

Here you need to modify all related variables accordingly.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you post the output of "# echo $PATH" as <SID>adm user ?

it should contain "/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run" path in $PATH variable...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Problem resolved.

To start and stop SAP login as SIDadm.

$su - SIDadm

$. .profile

sidadm>startsap ALL

or

sidadm>stopsap ALL

Thanks for helping....

Sharib Tasneem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also do one thing. Copy all profiles from <sid>adm user to /etc/profile.d directory. so that all logged in users will have those environment settings.

Remember all login profiles are hidden so copy it using below command.

1. su - <SID>adm

2. cp -a .* /etc/profile.d

Thats what I was suggested in my previous post... (Notice cp -a <dot>* )

Above method will copy ".profile" in "/etc/profile.d". Please note, profiles in "/etc/profile.d" is executed for every user and each login.

So you won't need to use "$. .profile" command every time when you need to start or stop sap.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have done the same now...

Thanks a lot..

Sharib Tasneem

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Enviromental variables are missing... check that the paths are correct.

2. You can install the DB Manager on your desktop to administer the Database, if the dbmcli commands are not working is also most likely a env varible problem

Regards

Juan

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jaun,

I have already tried connecting to SAPDB from my desktop, it accepts the username and password and shows the database as online but i am also getting error while performing any activity.

-24994 Runtime environment error sql_connect ...]; 1, Cannot Create a Communication semaphore.

Regards,

Sharib

Edited by: T.sharib on May 27, 2010 11:05 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the MaxDB parameters,

Note 628131 - SAP DB/MaxDB operating system parameters on Unix

Regards

Juan