cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reference DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings, SDN members.

I am having troubles referencing DC in other DC (in NWDS).

• I have exposed the WebDynpro component (let's call it A) in public part of DC metadata

• I have created several methods in component interface controller of controller A

I cannot add the component A to component B as when I go to controller or "Used Web Dynpro Components" in component B and click "Add Used Component", component A doesn't appear in the wizard.

Could anyone guide me in how to reference one DC in another correctly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Is your public part of type "COMPILATION"?

Have you done a complete rebuild of DC A with "Development Component" --> "Build"?

Have you declared a dependeny to DC B in the Component Properties of DC A?

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Yes, the PP is of type "compilation", and I have tried different dependencies between components when trying to reference them. And yes, I do a full re-build each time I change anything, as the framework sometimes behaves strangely...

Can you think of anything I could do more?

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Please have a look at [Inter Application Communication and Navigation (Design Time) in WebDynpro|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0ae5f90-1679-2c10-4183-8c64cf932088?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Refer the below link to verify if you have followed all the steps to declare the DC usage.

http://127.0.0.1:1618/help/topic/com.sap.devmanual.doc.user/42/43973fade73c17e10000000a114084/conten...

regards,

amit bagati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You have posted a link to your local network, could you please provide the source link again?

Regards, Ivan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Before adding the component A in used component section of DC B, you need to add DC A as used DC in DC B.

Follow the below mentioned steps

1. Expand the project structure for DC B.

2. Go to DC Metadata-> DC Definitions-> Used DC's

3. Right click and sleect Add Used DC..

4. Follow the screens to add DC A as used DC in DC B.

5. Rebuuild the project.

Then try to add component A in used component section.

hope this helps you.

regards,

amit bagati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This is the most basic procedure that I did perform in the first place.

I am probably missing some setting in the DC, or it might be a problem with NWDS as it missing in the wizard (the popup window).

Do you have any additional ideas?

Regards,

Ivan.