cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP is changing MAD on first schedule line i.e unconfirmed scheduled line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

After I take my BOP run, my MAD on the first schedule changes. It is giving a second schedule line where I get the confirmation.

But I dont want the MAD in first schedule line to change as , this goes in as requirement date when I take SNP run.

EX: Before BOP.

Delivery date D 18.04.2010 Arrival time 00:00

Goods issue date 18.04.2010 GI Time 02:03

Loading date 18.04.2010 Loading Time 02:03

Material avail.date 18.04.2010 Matl Staging Tme 02:03

Transportation Plan. Date 18.04.2010 Tr. Plan. Time 02:03

After BOP. ( BOP run taken on 27.05.2010 )

1st schedule line:-

Delivery date D 18.04.2010 Arrival time 00:00

Goods issue date 27.05.2010 GI Time 02:03

Loading date 27.05.2010 Loading Time 02:03

Material avail.date 27.05.2010 Matl Staging Tme 02:03

Transportation Plan. Date 27.05.2010 Tr. Plan. Time 02:03

2nd schedule line(confirmed)

Delivery date D 09.06.2010 Arrival time 17:30

Goods issue date 09.06.2010 GI Time 17:30

Loading date 09.06.2010 Loading Time 17:30

Material avail.date 09.06.2010 Matl Staging Tme 17:30

Transportation Plan. Date 09.06.2010 Tr. Plan. Time 17:30

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biswajit,

That is standard functionality. If you don't wish to change confirmation dates, then don't run BOP. This is the sole purpose of BOP.

BOP is telling you that the original MAD is now unrealistic, and is creating a new one. This should be considered to be the new requirements date. Think about it. How can you possibly plan on having a material availability that is in the past? Your SNP run should reflect today's reality, not what was real back in April.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I am using SNP optimizer and calculating penalty cost for non delivery from MAD in first schedule line(requirement).

As BOP changing the MAD in first schedule line to date when BOP runs, SNP is not able to give consistent results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how about setting the fix/qty checkbox in the sales order on the R3 side and then recifing the sales order ? That will make the BOP skip this schedule line and thus the schedule line will hold its date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biswajit,

It is not clear to me why you think the results are "inconsistent". This is standard functionality. Sales order requirement dates can and do change all the time. Optimizer design normally accommodates this fact. If you need to have all of your requirements dates to be 'frozen', then you must inform your sales group (to prevent them from re-ATPing any orders). You should probably set the FDQ flag for every confirmed order as soon as it is confirmed. And, turn off BOP!

Re-setting the FDQ flag now will not achieve the desired results. When you set the flag, that act itself will re-trigger an ATP and change the confirmation date in the same way that BOP has done. If you are going to set the flag, you must do it upon initial confirmation.

Rgds,

DB49

Edited by: Dogboy49 on May 27, 2010 9:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try to explain.

The issue is the same every client has for sales orders which had a MAD in the past.

When you run BOP the MAD date (which was originally in the past) changes to today's date.

So now forecast in the current week/month will be consumed whereas before the forecast in the past was consumed.

And SNP Optimizer will not give priority for these backorders as the MAD date is today versus in the past.

I agree for SNP Optimizer or CTM to prioritize correctly, the MAD should not change.

But then you want a new updated confirmed date from BOP so you can tell customer when the sales order will be delivered.

Option I know of is a user exit to prevent MAD date from changing during BOP.

Ken

Answers (0)