cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programs that cause Lock entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I'd like to ask if there's any way I can get the programs that cause lock entries in the system?

Is it possible to get the details from the previous months? THank you in advance for this matter.

Many Thanks,

Eco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best way is to use transaction ST05 and take enqueue trace. In that trace you will see which locks are set and which code set those locks.

Best regards,

Sylvia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You better take a look on what you have. Click on lock entry details perform the checks :

User Name: XXXX Check for the user / RFC / Backuground any user find out the "Stale"

Table Name: XXXX (check in SM66 If It's still updatating)

Hostname,Systemno,WP,Date,Time etc,: some times it may happen when any of your appl server goes down & still u found some lock entries occupying by some BGJobs

T-code/Lock object: Check wheather any BG Job is still in Active Status & Occupied it (SM37)

Regards;

0 Kudos

Hello Eco,

the lock entries are deleted from the enqueue table when the locks are released.

Which information are you looking for?

kind regards,

Mercedes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response,

I'm looking for the programs that are causing the locks. I need to do some analysis but I can't proceed.

I need the programs that handles the lock arguments.

Is there any way i can check the programs while the locks are not released yet?

THanks a lot.

BR,

Eco

0 Kudos

Hello Eco,

in the SM12 --> lock entry details you could find the transaction code.

If you want to know how the locks are handled for an specific format you could use the "enqueue Logging". There is a description in SAP Note 125041

Hope it helps,

Mercedes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may refer to :

cheers !

PRADi