cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shudden growth in the STAT.DAT files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Over the last week our Total size of STAT.DAT files have grown from about 7GB to 15GB and I'm trying to figure out why they have grown so much and what could be causing it. I have used ST03 to make sure all traces where turned off.

I have notice an interface has been causing SOAP issues by using SM21with these errors

SOAP Runtime Protocol: SOAP Runtime ICX_SOAP_CORE: 1032 occurred in method get_http_headers of class CL_SOAP_HTTP_TPBN D_ROOT at position

&

SOAP Runtime Protocol: ICX_SOAP_CORE message: SRT: Wrong Content-Type and empty HTTP-Body received

From talking to a programmer it is due to

" Effectively whenever an order/return/etc was saved (be it saved or changed or rescheduled whatever) then 2 records were being saved into the log. This was because the SOAP service was not returning anything now, but SAP was expecting a response, so throwing the error. "

So a couple of questions here

How can I check what is in a STAT file to see the type of records and what is different to last week?

Can the above errors be causing the STAT files to grow, I wouldn't have thought so but SAP can do thing I don't expect?

Cheers for any suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How can I check what is in a STAT file to see the type of records and what is different to last week?

Read This blog

/people/andreas.vogel/blog/2007/01/12/statistical-records-part-1-inside-stad

Can the above errors be causing the STAT files to grow, I wouldn't have thought so but SAP can do thing I don't expect?

Agreed with you , it should not write this log into STAT file.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response, after finding acouple of other forums I found STAD seemed to be the answer. It still doesn't show me what's new which is causing this issue as I can only look at records after the issue

We have restored a backup of our server to another box but we now need to get it up and running, once it is running we will be able to check out files from a few weeks ago before this issue.

Is this the approach you would take?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check it

Note 6833 - Deleting statistics file, size of statistics file

Regards,