cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two values for Inspection results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We need to enter two value as Inspection results. For example material A had lower specification limit 1 and upper limit 10 in Inspection characteristics. Here we want to enter 4 , 5 as inspection results. Can we do in SAP. Please provide us a solution.

With Regards,

Mahendiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can. There are several ways in SAP to do so, but for that first explain your scenario. If its in process material, you can introduce inspection points. If its raw material or finished product or something else, use sampling procedure with dependent/independent multiple sample option.

And you may need to change some customization in IMG as well for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnali and Firefighter,

We want to enter two values for one operation and one characteristics. For CONTACTOR type materials results will be in a range of values. For example 8 to 9. So we want to enter 8, 9 in same Operation and in one Characteristics. Then we may assume it is between 8 and 9. This is our scenario. hope you understand. So please provide us a solution.

With Regards,

Mahendiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

For example 8 to 9. So we want to enter 8, 9 in same Operation and in one Characteristics. Then we may assume it is between 8 and 9.

You mean you want to average the value of 8 & 9? What you can do, Use Sampling procedure with independent multiple sample. Put no of samples 2. Now in RR, You can see individual results for these 2 samples and also the average value will be calculated.

Does that suffice your requirement? Otherwise, explore inspection point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnali,

Thanks for your Reply. Yes i think it is sufficient. I am new to SAP QM. So can you give the link or example for what you told in the previous post.( i.e. Link for how to do Multiple sample procedure and Exploring Inspection point). Please provide me a link.

With Regards,

Mahendiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a good document on independent multiple sample. Follow the link, its nicely explained.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/401d99df-7898-2c10-abb6-c4f15779acfb?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

In case of clarification, revert back.

If your query is solved, please close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your query is answered, pls mark the thread as answered.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As was mentioned before, we kind of need more info. Do you average these results together? With two results what if one is 9 and the other 11? Does it fail? Pass? How about if one value is 2 and the other 9? Can there be that much variance and still pass?

Shoud this be broken into 2 characteristics?

Should inspection points be used?

Should they be averaged?

If not averaged, how are the results to be averaged?

Hopefully you'll elaborate some more.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to do the Result Recording on same set of Char multiple times --->> the concept of "Free Defined inspection points" is used in the task list header.