cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sourcing RFQuick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know what is the RFQuick and its functionalities in E-Sourcing? I can not find any information in the "help section" in E-Sourcing.

If someone can provide any information, that will be grealty appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFQuick was an older feature that was replaced by the XPress module.

In theory, when you source a certain item repeatedly, and you know who the suppliers are and what the questions are, you can pre-create an RFx that is ready to go out the door with the exception of the line item details. The RFQuick feature allowed this pre-configuring of an RFP, complete with all question sections scored and set as Ready for Release and all suppliers identified on the RFx. With the RFx ready to go it was made available as an RFQuick template.

An RFQuick user (which might not be the person who setup the RFx) would then take the RFQuick template, add a line item, and release it to the suppliers.

The RFQuick feature died a slow death, as people didn't want to just add a line item and they didn't want to go through the complete RFP creation process. Plus I don't think there was an ability to add additional suppliers.

The XPress module took a fresh look at the problem RFQuick was trying to solve, and gives the user much more flexibility for setting up repeating sourcing events in which the attributes may change from one event to another. Take temporary labor for example. You know the 5 labor providers and you have a good relationship with them. This week you need a legal admin. Next week you want two accounting assistants. The suppliers are known, the category is set, but the quantity and the attribute (specialty of legal or accounting) may change from one event to the next.

I hope this answers your question!

-Howie Wexler, Crafty Systems Inc.

978 273 3600