cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Process Restart badi is not triggering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM Experts,

I have a SRM7.0 workflow restart BADI question.

SC created and the status of the SC is awaiting approval . Manage Restart Badi is implemeted and activated.

In Manage Restart Badi, if there is a material type change, I don't want to re-trigger the workflow.

I have implemented the code in /SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_PROC_RESTART~SUPPRESS_PROCESS_RESTART

method.

Now I change the material type of the SC, the manage process restart badi is not triggering.

But the system goes to Define agent badi for determing the approver. Why Manage Process Restart

Badi is not triggering? The external break-point at Manage Process Restart is not stopping.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

R Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you look in the Badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART documentation at SPRO the only method that is available to be used is the VALIDATE_RESTART:

Manage Process Restarts

Use

This Business Add-In (BAdI) is used in the SRM Workflow component (SRM_EBP_WFL).

You can use this BAdI to override the standard system behavior for process restarts.

The BAdI is called after a document has been changed and saved. Use method VALIDATE_RESTART of the BAdI interface /SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_PROC_RESTART to define whether a process restart is to take place (EV_RESTART = ABAP_TRUE) or not. The input parameters of this method contain the document type and GUID, the process schema of the running approval process, the expected process schema for the revised document, and the default setting.

Requirements

You have defined a process schema in the Customizing activity Define Process Levels.

Standard settings

In the standard system, there is no activated BAdI implementation.

The BAdI is filter-dependent. The filter is a value pair consisting of the Document Type and the Schema Name, which you have specified in Customizing for process level configuration.

Therefore, you need to use the method VALIDATE_RESTART.

I hope this clarify you,

Thanks,

Melina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restart BADI is triggering fine now.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

R Kumar