cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to server using message server:ms//hostname:8103/P4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting the following error message when accessing the Integration builder in PI 7.1

"Cannot connect to server using message server:ms://hostname:8103/P4(SERVER_MS_NOT_AVAILABLE)

The strange thing is when starting the Integration Builder from one location , we are able to access the Integration builder, but from one another location we are getting the above mentioned error.

on checking the ports, 8103 is open in the location where we are able to access the Integration builder but is not open in the location where we are not able to access the Integration Builder.

Could this opening of port be the issue in the location where we are not able to access the Integration Builder or should this be related to some configuration settings.

Should this port be really opened for accessing the Integration builder .

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved by enforcing FQDN and changing the port number to 8102 in Exchange profile

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali Narayanan,

>>when starting the Integration Builder from one location , we are able to access the Integration builder, but from one another location we are getting the above mentioned error.

What do you mean by another location? you mean from different network?

Do you have any firewall between your server and the network where your presentation server located?

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag,

Thanks for your response.

When i meant a different location, i meant physically different locations, but both are on the same network.

The only difference being that port 8103 is opened in the location from where we are able to access the IB and in the location where it is not accessible, the port 8103 is not open.

i dont sense any firewall issue here.

Should the port 8103 be open for accessing the IB.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan