cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service PO Services Line number value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an SRM 5.0 Extended Classic system linked to an ECC6 backend system. We have applied a note to correct a service line number problem in ERP but we're getting results that seem odd. I would appreciate if someone could verify the following in their backend system.

Create a mixed PO in SRM where the first 2 lines are service lines and the 3rd is a material line. Order the PO and verify the ERP PO. The ERP PO should have 2 line items and 2 service line items numbered 10 and 20.

Now change the PO in SRM by adding another service line after the material line and then order the PO.

In ERP, what is the line number of the new service line. Is it 30 or 40.

I would appreciate anyones help.

Regards,

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The numbers are not continues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Case 1:

I created One PO in SRM with 2 service Line items and 1 Material Line item. Resulted in an ECC PO with 2 line items (1 & 3).

First line item has Item category as D and 2nd has SPACE.

In first Line items with I.Category D has 2 service at line item level (Line Item 1 has 2 services 10 & 20).

Case 2:

I added 4th line item in SRM for above PO, the new line item is Material Line item. Result - The ECC PO amended.

It has got 3 line items now (as expected) ( 1 3 & 4).

Fyi - If we have multiple Service Line items in SRM PO, the same will be replicated as single line item with multiple services at service level.

All the best.

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi,

Thank you for tyour reply.

Could you please add a new service line to the same SRM PO and let me know what service line the new service is assigned in the backend system?

Thanks,

Jerry

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In FORM fill_bapi_srvitem, a call to FM 'BBP_SRV_PD_MAP_BE' is

made, where a separate outline is then hardcoded on top of the service

item table passed in:

IF NOT it_pd_item[] IS INITIAL.

• map service data *

lv_line_no = 1. "Outline

et_be_services-pckg_no = 1.

et_be_services-line_no = lv_line_no.

et_be_services-outl_level = '0'.

et_be_services-outl_ind = c_on.

et_be_services-subpckg_no = 2.

et_be_services-from_line = 1.

APPEND et_be_services.

LOOP AT it_pd_item. "items

lv_line_no = lv_line_no + 1.

This way, when the service line item is passed into the backend, the

actual service item has the original item number from SRM,

e.g. 0000000002, and the backend outline on top of the service always

starts with 1 (see above codings) which is generated during

the mapping, not the original SRM outline.

Summer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added a new Line item service after my 3rd Line item in SRM PO.

My new SRM PO Looks like..

Line 1 - Service ; Line 2 - Service; Line 3 - Product ; Line 4 - Product ; Line 5 - Service

Earlier to this, I had my ECC PO like..
Line 1 - Service ; Line 2 - Product ; Line 3 - Product
<When SRM PO was Line 1 - Service ; Line 2 - Service; Line 3 - Product ; Line 4 - Product>

After amending Line 5 in SRM PO, the transmission of SRM PO Failed.

Dear Summer - I checked the where use list for this Function Module, it was used in 2 Includes, LBBP_BD_DRIVER_31IF01 & LBBP_BD_DRIVER_46AF16. I kept break point in appropriate places with Update and system debugging active - I am unable to debug, Do you have any Points on this, Where exactly to debug or any Note to debug this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Summer,

Referencing Vamsi's test result:

-

Case 1:

I created One PO in SRM with 2 service Line items and 1 Material Line item. Resulted in an ECC PO with 2 line items (1 & 3).

First line item has Item category as D and 2nd has SPACE

-

The resulting ECC PO items should have been numberred 1 - service and 2 - material instead of 1 - service and 3 - material.

The part we haven't confirmed is the ERP PO service item - service line number values (esll-extrow) for Vamsi's sample.

If the ERP configuration is increments of 10 for the serice line number values, then the assigned values should be

10 - SRM PO line 1,

20 - SRM PO line 2,

30 - SRM PO line 5.

and not

50 - SRM PO line 5.

Can you verify?

Regards,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

What note did you implement.

First step might be to note search whatever FM's or Forms this note changed. This can be a great help in finding similar notes.

If you give me the note I can do some further research on our database.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply.

The offending note is 1284361 - Limits not transferred to backend purchase order. We're using SRM 5.0 extended classic linked to a backend ECC 6 system. We use complex services in the SRM system that are a continues source of grief for this client.

The OSS message describing the problem and current problem status is 220275 / 2010. SAP Development has provided a solution but it's not quite correct. We're desparate to get this fix as it's preventing the client from adding new service lines to existing POs.

If you could provide an answer to my question it would help confirm and hopefully speedup the process.

Thanks,

Jerry