cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR Background job completing but not returning results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have run a fill user/role/profile sync on the RAR system, but it completes very quickly and shows status completed. It does not return any results. I have run the users by userid report under security reports and this does not show any user data.

I have tested the connectors and there are no issues with the test in RAR. I have completed all post installation tasks and specified a user master source.

I dont know why the background jobs dont appear to be pulling any data from the backend systems. Does anybody have any ideas?

I am on version GRC 5.3 SP11.

Thanks,

Niamh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niamh,

Did you go to the debugger and tried to pull the user/role/profile data for connector from there? I suggest you try from there and check if anything come up there..here is the URL for debugger:

http://<SERVER>:<PORT>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~ccappcomp/CCDebugger.

Here in the system drop down select the system, object: select as user/role/profile and then put the name of the object. After that click on search object button to check if anything comes up. If it does then your data for sync jobs should also come. In that case check the data in table VIRSA_CC_SYSUSR, this one stores the user information. You can also check the data in table VIRSA_CC_GENOBJ and this one contains the user/role/profile information collectively.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naimh,

If that shows no results then I would suggest that you check the authorisations for the JCO user ID in the source system.

It should have sufficient authorisations to read and extract the required data.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thakur and Simon,

I have got a little bit further today. The full sync user/role/profile job completed after I changed the JCO backend user from being a communications user to a system user.

However the full batch risk analysis job is not going well. I am running it for just users at the moment. In 2 hours it has completed for just two users and there are over 800 to go! INeither of those users had Sap_all type access. It seems to be very slow. Any ideas where the problem might lie?

Thanks,

Niamh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niamh,

As for the performance.. did you check if you have the configuration parameter "enable offline risk analysis" set to yes. If you do then the batch risk analysis will take significantly longer to complete as the system will make the entries of the risk analysis in the database tables. Also, it depends upon the number of authorizations the users have and according to that it takes longer time to finish risk analysis. More the number of authorizations, more the time it takes to analyze the users. I suggest you follow the general performance related Notes such as 723909, 1044173,1044174 etc. If you will search for SAP Notes based on the criteria "Performance" then you will find plenty of notes in the component GRC-SAC-SCC.

In addition to that, i suggest that when you run batch risk anlaysis you run it for single type of object only at a time..Like at one time only run it for User and then schedule separate job for role and then for profile.. This way it will run considerably faster. For batch risk analysis you do not need to run jobs at both permission and action level. Once you will select the permission level this will automatically carry out the action level analysis. So if you select both action and permission level anlaysis then the action level analysis will be run twice + the permission level anlaysis will be run. If you have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profiles assigned to users, then i suggest you list them as critical profiles and then set the parameter "ignore critical roles and profiles" to yes. This will make these profiles to be ignored while conducting batch risk analysis. Also, if you have created JCO connections then make sure that you have the Jco pool size as 100 and the timeout settings set to high value as the values for JCO are in msec.

I hope these suggestions help. However, please also search the SAP help portal for SAP Notes related to performance.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naimh,

I suggest you follow Varun's advise with the performance tuning. It can be any number of different things ranging from your Java stack parameters, your connector configuration parameters, your RAR configuration and the source system data.

The offline risk analysis setting will indeed cause a great deal more processing time. In one of my clients it is not unusual for the BRA jobs to take days to complete.

If you have known wide ranging roles, I really would recommend having them designated as critical roles / profiles so that they can be excluded as necessary.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

I have followed your advice and the jobs have run successfully. However now I have hit the next hurdle. I have run the management report and it completes immediately and the graphs are not updated. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Niamh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niamh,

Did you check the logs to see what is going on in the job?

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

the job has run now. The results were returned after the server was restarted. A bit strange but the report now contains results.

Thanks,

Niamh