cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

route message to Team B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup solman and the teams are determined using components. When I create a new message using a specific component (for eg: BC*), it comes to the Basis team. The support team is automatically picked up and an email comes to the team.

My issue is below:

Now, after the message comes to the team, one of the Basis members will take the message to "In Process" .. He then finds that the issue is Finance and would need to route the message to FINANCE team. So, he goes to transactional data - goes to SAP Attributes, and then select a different component - say for eg: FI-AP.

What I want is that the message routes to the FI Team - and the message turns back to NEW, and send an email to the FINANCE Team..

Q's -

1) Can the message reset to NEW?

2) How can I have the message processor removed and the team changed to FI when I change the component?

Pleasssssssssssssse Help! The blogs tell you how to create teams, etc - but dont tell me on how to route messages between teams..

Any help is highly appreciated..

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

edited

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) Can the message reset to NEW?

As per standard profile settings, you cannot make it back to New status. But it is possible by editing the User Status Profile (SLFN0001) in SPRO > Solution Manager > Scenario Specific > service Dek > STATUS Profile .

You need to set the NEW status same as that of In progress.But there are other logical issues you may face if it the new status has made the same level as of In Process .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nibu !!!

As its not a standard process.. It may be cumbersome.

There may be a lot of people who may have done this.. Re-routing a message should be a standard operation. How do I redirect the message to a new component? Should I keep the message it "In Process" when assigning a new component? I think I may be able to crreate a new action for sending email while "in process".

My other concern is, would the processor be reset if I change the component? It should - because I am changing the teams. How I can I get that working, without removing the processor manually?

Please advise...

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jim,

All your requirement is easily met by Solution manager service desk,only you need to configure and use it.

there are several ways to achieve the same.

for e.g

first when a Support messae is created via satellite system the component is direcly filled in and in this case you dont need to enter the SAP component which is recommended way of doing so via HELP->Create support message option in you satellite system

in this case there is no need to change to the SAP component

Secondly if there is a need

let the ticket status as in process only

Basis assign the new team say FI

and there is a action trigger email to message creator use this to inform your reporter that new team is assigned but ticket is in progress.

Is this ans ur query if not let me know further

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

-

let the ticket status as in process only

Basis assign the new team say FI

and there is a action trigger email to message creator use this to inform your reporter that new team is assigned but ticket is in progress.

-

I am trying to do this by selecting the component in SAP Attributes. The processor (Basis) will go to the SAP Attributes Tab in Transactional Data, select a different component (eg: FI-AP). Then, the "Find support team responsible" should find the new Team, and reset the processor. My question is - how can i have the "find support team responsible" when routing the message?

I already have setup rules for FI in PFAC. It works when CREATING messages. How can i do it for messages IN PROCESS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All, Any suggestions? I assume the responsibilities work for RULE - CRM_DNO_1 when a message is newly created. How can I get it working for messages IN PROCESS??

Anyone??? Please advise..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Please find my replies

Q's -

1) Can the message reset to NEW?

2) How can I have the message processor removed and the team changed to FI when I change the component?

3)My other concern is, would the processor be reset if I change the component? It should - because I am changing the teams. How I can I get that working, without removing the processor manually?

1. yes the message status can be reset to 'NEW'. Take a copy of user status 'SLFN0001' to 'ZLFN0001' and mark the 'lowest status number' of In process to the status of 'New'. Then you can change the status between In process and New.Assign this profile to your transaction type. Check if this is of help without disturbing the standard user profile.

2. The rule CRM_DNO_1 determines the support team in any user status. To my knowledge the rule is not dependant on user status. However once the support team is determined during the creation, the rule checks for this while determination in the next time. In your case the basis team is determined when the message is created. And when the consultant finds it belonging to FI team he changes the component in Attributes tab.

At this point remove the support team manually and make the field empty and then save the support message. System automatically determines the FI Support team here based on the rule. the sytem may not overlay the existing support team with new support team.

Please note whether your action definition to determine the support team is set with "Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition" in the action merging. This is required for the repeated determiation of the support team.

Hope this resolves your issue for the support team determination.

3. There is no other way than removing the processor manually.Your service desk is determining the support team automatically based on the component from the rule. Are you assigning the processor manually ? Logically, in that case how the system can understand which processor has to be removed and which to be assigned ?

Hope this answers your question.

regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: Srini24 on May 27, 2010 1:41 PM

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

first

i dont think its a gud idea to set it back to NEW status as from user point of you

how he feel if earlier he get a mail somebody is working and then he come to know no body is working and it is back to zero.....definately user wont agree to this

it is not a matter of technical solution that can be done but from user point it is unacceptable

Secondly

How can i do it for messages IN PROCESS?

to change the action triggering in process you can change condition including IN Process Status

goto sppfcadm ur action and change the schedule and start condition as per requirement

it may be now only with NEW status make it OR with IN PROCESS so on both status action will be triggered.

hope it solves

regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Reading the above comments -

Jim, i assume you can make it less complex by avoiding to do this..!

I assume Jim wants to have the support team determined when the message is routed to FI, and the user status set to NEW - so that the system removes the BASIS support Team and the processor, and sends a email to the new support team.

1) From Srini's message, changing the component in Attributes Tab will not reset the "support team" and "processor" already set. - So, the system cannot do that, even if the user status is "New"

2) The only thing accomplished is the "email" to the support team, which "may" work because the status is "New"

If I have to suggest a method for this scenario - I would tell you to create a new user status - "Route-FI" or something, which will change the status of the message. You can create an action using SLFN003 (support team), and trigger an email using this "ROUTE-FI" status. So, your new support team - FI - gets an email when the message comes to their group.

There may not be a need to go to the SAP Attributes Tab to change the component.

Prakhar has a good point - why do you want the message go to "New"? It was already "In Process".

Srini, Prakhar, Nibu (experts), please comment..

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehfil,

Please find my comments below

Q1) From Srini's message, changing the component in Attributes Tab will not reset the "support team" and "processor" already set. - So, the system cannot do that, even if the user status is "New"

A1)For the above it is possible to determine the support team after the component is changed in the attributes.Please find my suggestions in the previous post that I have asked Jim to remove the support team manually and save the support message.

And when the consultant finds it belonging to FI team he changes the component in Attributes tab.

At this point remove the support team manually and make the field empty and then save the support message.

System automatically determines the FI Support team here based on the rule. the sytem will not overlay the existing support team with new support team..

Please note whether your action definition to determine the support team is set with "Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition" in the action merging. This is required for the repeated determiation of the support team.

Well I have tested this scenario and it is working. If Jim has not maintained any user status as condition in determination of the support team then what i mentioned will surely work.

Q2) I would tell you to create a new user status - "Route-FI" or something, which will change the status of the message. You can create an action using SLFN003 (support team), and trigger an email using this "ROUTE-FI" status. So, your new support team - FI - gets an email when the message comes to their group.

A2)Mehfil, the above solution will be of good help if the routing is to only to FI, and support team is FI but in case Jim wants to set it to Basis to which support team the e-mail gets triggered? If he changes the support team manually then the status may still show 'Route-FI' and mail to Basis.Right? And same would be the case if he wants to change it to the responsible support teams.

Hence creating a new user status may not suffice his total requirement. Because every time the support team has to be manually changed. But if Jim tests the scenario which I have mentioned and if it works fine for him, manually assigning of support team, can be avoided. He can only maintain an action definition for triggering mail to the support team on the various statuses.

Correct me if I went wrong please.

thanks,

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,Mehfil,Prakhar,Nibu ... Many many thanks!

I am using all your suggestions, specially - going to have a new status as per Mehfil, and also the team determination when the message is modified as direceted by Srini.

Prakhar, yes, I have avoided using "New" as suggested by you.

Nibu, yes, I am creating a new Z status as you said..

For the new status, I understand they are "user status". I tried, I cannot see them in the "status" in CRM_DNO_MONITOR. Is there any way to have the new "user status" be used for reporting. For eg: I want to find the messages in CRM_DNO_MONITOR for the custom "user status" - Can any of you provide any details please.

Manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thanks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

In crm_dno_monitor

goto transaction type enter SLFN etc and press ENTER

now in status box..choose ALL and click f4 ..go to bottom in the list you can seee your values here

Hope it ans ur rem query

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many many thanks to all of you!

Answers (0)