Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profarma invoice - Proof of Delivery

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client having POD scenario, in one case he made a profarma invoice of 15 days delivery and send to customer and take payment against it. but required that profarma invoice can only be generated only if POD is done, but in standard system i checked it, it can be done any time when ever we require, does not check that POD is done or not.

Have any possible alternate from my gurus.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Required ABAP.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U said "in standard system i checked it, it can be done any time when ever we require, does not check that POD is done or not"

That is standard system behaviour. Also I assume that there is no posting to FI when u create a Proforma invoice.

follow the steps below:

Goto VOFA.

Give F8(Or whatever is ur Proforma Billing Type)

Change document category from U to M.

Dont change anytin else. Save.

Then try the process again.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should make the following settings in the Implementation Guide under Logistics Execution -->Shipping ->Deliveries ->Proof of delivery:

Define for each delivery item category whether it is relevant for the POD process.

SAP recommends that you flag all item categories that belong to a delivery type as being POD relevant.

If you want to copy the POD relevance from a preceding document (such as an SD scheduling agreement) into inbound deliveries, select Copy POD relevance from preceding document (V) for the item category. In this case, as the preceding document is being processed, the system already knows whether verification for an item should occur or is expected.

Define reasons for deviation.

Define how the quantity is to be calculated (add or subtract the difference quantity, depending on whether you are dealing with an overdelivery or an underdelivery).

Set the Relevant for POD indicator on the Shipping tab page of the customer with whom you would like to carry out POD-processing in the Sales area data of that customer's file.

You can also enter a time frame in which you expect to receive verification from the ship-to party. Once the time frame has passed, outbound deliveries can be confirmed using the Automatic Confirmation function.

Hope this will help you resolve your issue. If so please close the thread .

Regards,

Krishna O

Edited by: Krishna O on May 26, 2010 8:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also maintain in VTFL copy control routine as 311. It wont allow you to create proforma for delivery unless you do the PGI and POD.

REgards,

KRishna O

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I made the above settings in F8 and copying control, issue is this when I made change the billing type from U to M system allow me to create profarma invoice with out POD, but when I incorporte routine 311 in between LF and F8, system cant create billing and give me the error but after POD if I go for the same run it will post it to GL account.

Please see and advise.

Regards,

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any possible solution for this....

Regards,

IK