cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to take is Sol Man when changing physical servers in the landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will be spliting out central instances and running the DB on AIX oracle and the application will change to LINUX. What steps do I need to take in Solution Manager? The server information is forwarded from the new instance and then read form the SLD so it appears in smsy. Since the SID names remain the same it looks like SMSY is matching up the new information with the old.

Do I need to delete the current solutions?

Then delete the servers and systems is SMSY

Do I need to run Basic Configuration again

Do I need to run The Managed system configuration again?

Has any one gone through this process.?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Paul,

I have not gone through the process, but can understand that information should be updated automatically in SMSY.

I hope your CI will be on same physical machine so , it will not impact any thing .

After change make sure all the RFCs are working fine .Also if you are using SMD you may want to cross check the connectivity after changes

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have split our ECC development instance. I just begun to verify but would agree that if we had used virtualnames or HA names there would have been no problems with the RFCs. As it was the only RFCs that had a problem are those from Solution Manager to the managed system.

former_member254467
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

We are changing all sap servers hardware from HP-UX to VM Linux and migrate OS/DB with same SID to new Linux servers. To minimize our effort in defining new SMSY in solman, how could we define virtualhostnames for new Linux sap servers in exsiting SOLMAN SMSY so we can switchover to new SAP landscape servers (from HP-UX -> Linux) without re-configuring new SOLMAN lanscapes in solman initial configuration, basic configuration & managed system configuration again

Regards,

Minh Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

For now the database will remain on the current server the application half of the CI will be moved to a new server with a different operating system. We will no longer have a CI. Unfortunately we didn't start with an HA name for this server so the physical server name was used and that name and IP address will be different.

Yes, I agree the RFCs could be a problem (I plan on running the Magaged system confifguration to fix those issues)

I was planning on reinstalling the SMD since the additional server will be LINUX and there settings that will not transfer in a copy. Also I hadn't thought of the before but, I will need an SMD on both the database and the application server.

Paul

Edited by: Paul Beach on May 26, 2010 6:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last weekend we replaced the database cluster of an ERP system with new hardware, new physical host names and IP addresses. But SMSY only sees the virtual host names, we didn't have to change anything in SolMan.