Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR - SU24 Config Updates - Multiple Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was in the process of updating the SU24 data within RAR and was wondering how GRC differentiates between a transaction that exists in multiple systems. Typically only technical transactions would exist across systems, but this may not always be the case.

I can't say with 100% certainty that a tcd that exists across systems will be maintained with the same SU24 data. Nor can I say that it "ALWAYS" should have the same SU24 data.

When you upload the SU24 data from multiple systems and the same tcd/auth object/auth values exist, will the values be overwritten as you upload the text files for each system? I'm assuming yes? If this is the case, you would have to be cautious to the order in which you upload the text files per system.

We use SRM, BI, PI, and ECC. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You upload SU24 data against each physical system connected to RAR. The data of one system will not be overwritten by data of another system.

Thank you,

Partha

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You upload SU24 data against each physical system connected to RAR. The data of one system will not be overwritten by data of another system.

Thank you,

Partha

0 Kudos

Thanks Partha. However the data generated in the text files from the backend does not reference a SID. So I don't see how GRC would know what system your SU24 data came from when you upload the text files from each system.

0 Kudos

yes the text files do not have the SID but when you upload those files in RAR you specify for which system you are uploding it. By selecting the system from drop down you tell GRC for which system the SU24 data is for.

Thank you,

Partha

0 Kudos

Thanks - Overlooked that little step