cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The business want unconfirmed sales orders (Type BM) to consume forecast in APO, I've tried changing the 'Qty Type' in the category group to 'Blank' (pegging relevant) and '02' (original quantity) but this doesn't seem to work. Consumtion in APO works perfectly normally for confirmed sales orders of type BM so I don't understand why it would miss these.

If it's not possible to for APO to consume unconfirmed sales orders would it be possible to use a user exit so that APO thinks they are confirmed sales orders?

Many thanks for your help

Michael

Edited by: Michael Wallace on May 28, 2010 11:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Based on the planning strategy 40 ( ECC) and requirment strategy 20 (APO) check mode with a setting assignment 1.

and requirment strategy 20 with settings assignment mode 1 and category group K02

The sales order gets confirmation based the PIR(FA) , it is NOT possible for a SO to consume PIR(FA) WITHOUT confirmation.

Regard,

Srinivas.S

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

System doesn't consume the forecast based on confirmed quantity.It always consider requested quantity.i think In your case

the requested quantity is zero for sale order which is causing the issue.

System takes the confirmed quantity as real or requested quantity due to planning procedure '1' (manual with check) which is assgined to product location in //MAT1->tab PP/DS.For this procedure it is customized that the confirmed quantity is used for pegging.Due to this requested quantity is becoming zero as confirmed quantity is zero.

To consume the forecast you have to change the PP planning procedure to '2' in APO.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If there are no PIR's (FA) order will not get confirmation .

and If there is PIR(FA) order will get confirmation, this is standard and you CANNOT change or fiddle with that logic.

There is one way to satisfy the business , copy and create a new planning book for SNP and add a key figure and a macro to reduce the PIR based on the sales order to show the consumption and rest will follow .

I hope this works.

Regards,

Srinivas.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

You're really just confirmed what I already knew. I've tried so hard to get this to work and explored every setting.

When forecast consumption is not used (strategy 10) it's really not a problem as the system used the greater of sales orders or forecast for total demand.

But when forecast consumption is used non-confirmed sales orders are added to forecast to create higher than normal demand.

The business requirement is that they can use forecast consumption rules (forward/backward) but non-confirmed sales orders are not added to forecast resulting in unrealistic additional demand.

So the only way to fix this is using macro's?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

We have similar requirement as you posted long back on this thread.

If you happen to check this, would like to check if your problem got resolved, Did you use any Macro's. Please provide your feedback.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did you find a solution for your issue ? Is it possible to control the consumption based on confirmed sale order quantity without having an enhancement?

Br

Ganesh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh and Michael, please refer to SAP note 331243.

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

To fulfil your requirement, please go to IMG with menu APO -> Supply Chain Planning -> SNP -> Basic settings -> Maintain Category, and then set the relevant category in the category group as consumption category -> confirmed quantity of sales order is used for consumption.

if category is not customized as consumption category -> requested quantity of sales order is used for consumption.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I use category group K01, strategy 20. I know this works because I can consume scheduling agreements of type BN and confimred sales orders of type BM. I just can't consume non-confirmed sales orders of type BM. Current settings are as follows:

K01 BM 02

K01 BN 01

K01 BR

K01 ER

but I've also tried:

K01 BM

K01 BN 01

K01 BR

K01 ER

with no luck. There's no point trying 01 or 03 for type BM as non-confimred sales orders don't have these values. I deleted and released my forecast each time.

Is is possible to consume non-confirmed forecast at all? Has anyone been able to do this?

Many thanks for your help

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the business need for this ? Maybe once that is known some other workaround can be suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have maintained strategy group 20 in APO or 40 in ECC. If not then maintain it and create forecast and order again.

Best regards,

Vaibhav