cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing variables to Alert Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured an alert category in PI. The long text should contain information with custom error message. Please let me know how can I pass this custom error message to Alert Category. I tried defining container variable but could not pass the desired value to this variable. Also, please note that I am not using BPM.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I tried defining container variable but could not pass the desired value to this variable.

What is the desired value....anything from the payload? If yes, then please note that we cannot populate the container with the values which we want....the containers will take values from the predefined objects (namespace, interface name etc).

If you want to raise an alert with custom message then BPM is to be used.

Update:

Check the solution mentioned in this blog: /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 27, 2010 9:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaas and Abhishek,

Thanks for your answers. However, I am not explicitly invoking the alerts (as you said with FMs). Abhishek, as you mentioned that 'the containers will take values from the predefined objects (namespace, interface name etc)', any idea how should I go about this if I want the container variables to display values of these predefined runtime objects?

- Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Below is the list of container variable you may use at runtime....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

But you can't create any customize variable here , you need use BPM for this as mentioned in one of above post.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your answer. Disappointed to know that we cannot use custom error messages in alerts without using BPM. However, marking the question as 'Answered'.

Thanks everyone.

- Dhawal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you triggering the alerts from the proxy?

~Vaas

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, not from Proxy. In RWB, I have created an Alert Rule and alert is triggered automatically when a message goes into error in PI.

- Dhawal

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can write an UDF to call a RFC in ECC. And this RFC in turn should call the FM 'SALRT_CREATE_API' to trigger your alert category. Just you need to pass the custom message to this RFC and this has to be passed to the 'SALRT_CREATE_API' FM. One main thing is the RFC destination of alert server in ECC should point your SAP PI box where the alert category has been configured. Hope this helps!

~Vaas