cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive adapter engine alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created alert category and rules to get errors for both Integration engine errors and adapter engine errors. But I am able to receive the Integration engine alerts only.Even my channels are errored out but unable to find any adapter engine alerts for that.

Please suggest what went wrong?

Regards,

nutan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to see any entries in SOST for your adapter engine errors?

Try executing the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER. Do you see an entry there for any alert being created?

Is Suppress Multiple Alerts checked or unchecked in Alert Config?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

What kind of adapter has error?

Please note that if it is MDM adapter, this supports adapter engine alerts only from SP04 (of MDM component).

If it is any other kind of adapter, please let us know.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I am using File adapter with FTP transport protocol.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in the Rule that the reciever interface and namespace are not with *...

Also remove suppress multiple alerts option configured in the RWB Alert rule...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivasakthi and Rajesh,

I am uanble to find any entries in Sost for adapter engine errors. When I executed SXMSALERT_LOGREADER then also I am unable to find any entries in SOST.

Suppress Multiple Alerts was checked previously. After changing to unchecked also alerts are not genertaed for Adapter errors.

I am able to see my channels are errored out, but then also the messages are reaching to integration engine ie:sxmb_moni. Due to which I am getting the alerts from IE so unable to capture the adapter type and adapter error.

For example:

Channels are errored out while archiving the files....But I can find the entry in sxmb_moni too as failure.Due to which I am only getting IE errors not AE errors.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Nutan

Edited by: nutan champia on May 27, 2010 10:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

If you execute SXMSALERT_LOGREADER you wont see an entry in SOST, its just a report that logs all the alerts that are created.

Do this, change the Alert configuration to send alerts only for adapter engine alerts, wait till an adapter errors out and then execute the report and then see what the report says.

if you are still not successful

Ensure any old alerts have been confirmed, by runningthe report RSALERTPROC.Choose the relevant alert category (based on the gui field: Alert Category) of the Alert Rule: Definition tab - maps to table field"Category" in the SXMSALERTRULES database table.

Specify the criteria: "Delete Old Alerts" and then choose the"Selection by Age" - Age in Days option and use a value of 0. Be aware that this will also delete any pending alerts for any other RWB Alert Rule using the same alert category.

Afterwards try to trigger an alert once more to see if it is delivered to the RWB alert inbox

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nutan,

But I am able to receive the Integration engine alerts only

Did you checked the Check box to trigger all.

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

Where can I get that property? I didnot find it. Please suggest.

I believe adapter errors are not getting captured. Is there any settings I need to proceed for adapter engine and alert frame work.Please suggest.

Regards,

Nutan

Edited by: nutan champia on May 26, 2010 4:02 PM