cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenTrans 2.1 .xsd import problem into PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While trying to import the latest version 2.1 of openTrans .xsd Files (I downloaded "openTRANS_2.1_german_all-in-one_package.zip") into PI 7.1 we fail. Error message while loading the file "opentrans_2_1.xsd" is:

Unable to convert imported document to WSDL

Reason:

Unable to recognize document as valid XSDCheck selected category

OpenTrans 1.0 we have already in use since several time, however there is a need for the latest version now.

Has anybody managed to get openTrans 2.1 to work with PI 7.1? And if so - how?

Thanks!

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you very much, we had the same problem.

Looks like that XI 3.0 doesn't have this limitation, because our openTrans 2.0-XSD worked within 3.0 but in PI 7.11 we have do to that adjustment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There have been several steps necessary for us to solve the problem OpenTrans 2.1 definitions and PI 7.11

- removing the and <xsd:element name="XML_SIGNATURE"

- removing of the comments in opentrans_2_1.xsd which included special chars like © and ®

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas

This error can occur if there is an element tag with the name XML, e.g.: <xsd:element name="xml">. If the element name is something other than xml, e.g. <xsd:element name="test">, then the import should be ok.

SAP does not allow the element name in an XSD to start with the prefix - xml

This conforms to the xml schema standards set by W3C i.e. http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_elements.asp

-> XML Naming Rules section.

Also, check note #1255351 External Defintion - XSD Checks Problem

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

You are right.

I found 2 elements named <xsd:element name="XML_FORMAT"> and <xsd:element name="XML_SIGNATURE">, preventing the external definition to be accepted.

kind regards

Andreas