cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSD - Syndicator Map Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we upgraded our MDM repo schema with new fields. Accordingly, outbound XSD was modified to include new elements. What we are finding is that we cannot apply existing map onto this new schema it screws up most of the mappings - we are having to re-create maps.

Is there a better of way of doing this? My expectation was if I apply existing map onto the new schema it should at least map common elements and discard the remainder but thats not happening.

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Dev,

You need to create a New map with new xsd. I tried several ways but creating new Map (by refereing old) was the final approach we took.

Cheers,

Rc

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Agree with Rajesh.

But i would suggest you one thing.. Create a new XSD instead of updating the new one in Console. now create a new Map using syndicator. If you don't update existing XSD then you will have benefit that you can refer to existing map in another instance of syndication, while creation of new map for new XSD.

Regards,

Shiv

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Shiv, Infact that's the appraoch we adopted.

Shiv, Thanks for making it more clear.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish

This is how syndication map works. The schema used for preparing the map is also part of the map.

So if data model has changed we need to extend the schema and recreate a map with the new schema.

There is a workaround though, not very clean, but you can give this a try. You can export the syndication map as .syn and open it using xml editor and the delta changes done in data model can be manually updated along with the field mapping details.

Before doing this you need to study the xml file(map) and see how the fields mapped are presented.

Best regards

Ravi