cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

This question is being posted after my failed attempts to find similar question in this forum.

The problem i am facing is , i want to schedule the settlement jobs for the projects in the background .

I want to use the program RKO7CJ8G to settle the jobs as this shall facilitate the variants to pick the period dynamically .

In this process i have created the variant in CJ8V and now i want to assign the attributes for this variant through pogram RK07CJ80.

Now the issue here is , i could not see the variant which i created in CJ8V in the variant list of RKO7CJ8G .

Can some one suggests did i commit some mistake here ?

Secondly , how can i schedule the program RKO7CJ8G Program in the background as there is no option to check in the selection screen

Appreciate the experst insights .

Regards

Judy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Through CJ8V you are actually creating selection variant for selecting the Project or WBS etc. Once this variant is created, execute the program RKO7CJ8G through SE38. In the screen maintain the variant which you have created CJ8V in the 'Selection variant' field. Now click on the save button to create one more which is the main variant, variant attribure screen appears where for the Posting period maintain the selection variable by selecting the match code of selection variable which suits your requirement and also its name of variable. By this way the period can be set for picking dynamically.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

Thanks for the update from your end.

Actually the issue is i cant see the variant which was created in CJ8V for the program RKO7CJ8G .(Once we run SE38 using RKO7CJ8G ,this shall take you to another screen where when i call the variant using F4 i cannot see the variant which was created in CJ8V) .

So, you mean to say that do in need to create another variant with the same name in the program RKO7CJ8G ? and shall continue with the remaining process of calling the attributes etc...

Regards

Judy

0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

If you are not able able to find the selection variant in the program initial screen, then create it thorugh the program itself which can take to CJ8V. This may solve your problem.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

Thank you once again and finally i did the same.

Kind Regards

Judy

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Variants created via CJ8V can be seen in transaction CJ8G or in program RKPSEL00 not RK07CJ8G

You need to create a variant for RK07CJ8G via the program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My requirement is as follows...

I want to settle the project through BACKGROUND PROCESS where the system picking the period and year were dynamically pricked by the system.(This part of automation is completed through TVARV) .

With the above requirement can you please suggest the process to be followed .

I mean Creating the variant through CJ8V or through RKPSEL00 .

Run the settlement through CJ8G or through RKO7CJ8G.

Please suggest .

Regards

Judy

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to se38

enter progran rk07cj8g

execute

now you will get a sewlection screen - here you enter variant set up in cj8v this is where you should have tvarv automation to select period and year

now set this in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar ,

AFter executing the program RKO7CJ8G from SE38 and calling the varinat which was created in CJ8V , we cannot have access to the attributes of Variant for the program ,RKO7CJ8G and rather we can only ammend OR Change the variant created in CJ8V .However, this varinat which was created in CJ8V does not posses any options of pulling the settlement period or settlement year.

The varinat attributes remain same as they are at the time of creating the varinat in tcode CJ8V .

Thanking you once again

Kind Regards

Judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.