cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition record for sending email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

i am using report RSTXPDFT4 , it will convert the spool request to pdf , i tried and it worked .

But this was all done manually .i.e. se38 and execute the report and then enter the spool number .

What i want is that the pdf should be send automatically to the user by email.

So ,in NACE if in the output type i chnage the print program to RSTXPDFT4 and then i create a condition record for the user to receive an email , will the user get the pdf in email .

Please let me know , if i am missing anything .

Is there any way i can get the pdf in my inbox for testing

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sai is on the right track. My answer is constent with his.

Here is how we do it in our version 4.7 system.

The print program assigned to an output type is a standard SAP print program (like RLE_DELNOTE). They are designed to handle messages (output) for several MEDIA, include MEDUIM = 5 u2013 external send.

The output condition record is where the MEDIUM = 5 gets assigned.

You maintain the output recipientu2019s email address in their master record.

When the output is generated successfully by the application (indicated by a green marker on the output record screen of the document), you should find the email output in the SAPconnect grid (t-code SOST). The status there will go green when SAP successfully passes the message to an external email system for delivery.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ken for the reply.

let me explain step by step what i have done .

in nace , i have maintained the program and medium as my previous meassges and then in NACe only , control records for pdf where i have defined the ZZ function for the partner and also given the partner number

this partner number has a email attached to it in the hr master data (pa20)

Sumit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible. First you need to create a spool request and then the pdf convertor can work on the spool and convert it to pdf and send it as mail. . The output program first need to generate a print (spool ) of the order confiramtion and then the pdf convertor will convert this spool to pdf.

Condition record can be set up as medium 5 - External send.

Regards

Sai

Edited by: Sai on May 26, 2010 8:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

thanks so much for the reply.

Help me out ......The output program first need to generate a print (spool ) of the order confiramtion....how do i do this step .........can i define 2 print programs in the processing routines like

1st ....use the same program as used for the medium 1 --print output

2nd -

use RSTXPDFT4 5---external send

Please let me know

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be only one output program. In the same program first the code should be maintained so that a spool is generated as per the smart form( for ex order confirmation), then in the same progarm call the pdf convertor, which converts the spool to pdf format and then the next step is to send the mail as per the medium in the condition record.

For this user who executes the batch or the output program should have printer maintained in the user profile. To avoid problem due to missing printer assignments, in the same output program you can bypass the check for printer and provide any standard printer.

For example in code:

Perform Print_order,

then call the smart form which generates the spool

Then

( you can use SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME to determine the smart form function module)

Then

perform convert_otf_to_pdf( you can call up object SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OTF_PDF which does the actual conversion. or you can use your program which is converting to pdf)

Please work with your ABAP person.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is posible to maintain two condition types for output

Maintian output determination IMG--> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Function --> Output > ouput determination using condition Technique>Maintain Output Determination for Sales Document

Maintain Condition record in VV11.

maintain two condition record 1 for output and i for sending Mail

Regards

Senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its the same output type, then no it is not possible to create two different condition records with two different mediums.

But you can do one thing, After the first output is processed, you can go back to the order, go to outputs, select the processed output and click on "Repeat output" and then change the medium to the required medium and save. Then you can process the output with the changed medium. For this to happen, you need to maintan the output definition for this output with both these mediums and the respective output program and smart forms. T Code NACE.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sai ,

thanks ....we want everything to be automated .........like everytime order is created and printed , the pdf should be send in the form of email to the user .

this is the requirement

BR

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

my response was for Senya. For your requirement you can please follow the steps I mentioned in my post . it is very much possible to with one output type .

Regards

Sai