cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Numbers in QA11 Record Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using the serial numbers scenario in goods receipt. The user has to enter the serial numbers of the equipment/devices at the time of preparing goods receipt in MIGO_GR against a purchase order. An Inspection Lot is generated after posting the goods receipt. The has to prepare the GR approx 5000 nos. of material in each goods receipt.

Usage Decision has to be recorded for all these 5000 serial numbers in a particular inspection lot. Once we run the Tcode : QA11 and enter the quantity to be posted to blocked stock as 5000 and click on the save icon.

The system throw a screen for selection of serial numbers for which the usage decision is to be recorded. On this screen, all the 5000 serial numbers entered in the inspection lot should be available for selection. But the system sometimes shown only 5, sometimes it shows 2500, sometimes 1000 nos. for selection.

Please suggest if this might be due to some configuration problem or due to constraint of memory in the lock table in SM12. We are facing the same problem while processing the goods receipt for 5000 nos. through a BAPI.

Thanks in advance.

AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the system sometimes shown only 5, sometimes it shows 2500, sometimes 1000 nos. for selection.

When system shows such numbers what is the stock type in stock posting screen? Is it same every time?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aushutosh,

Will you please explore BAPI For Usage decision with serial numbers i.e. BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION. Where to pass quantity and serial numbers?

Is this BAPI works.. please explore the steps..

Thanks in Advance.

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the same problem. Can you please tell how you solved it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I know that process, but my problem is that if i want to enter usage decision for all the quantities of Goods Receipt (say 5000 nos.), those many serial numbers are not getting populated for selection in the qa11 screen. The serial numbers are populated randomly (sometimes 10 or sometimes 2500). Ideally all 5000 nos. should get populated. Hence we have to again go to QA12 and post the usage decision for remaining quantity. In QA12 also we are getting the same problem.

Can you please guide as to what could be solution to this problem or suggest some BAPI, BADI or user exit to upload the serial numbers through a table or excel file and process the usage decision at one go.

Thanks in advance.

AJ

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

As per my opinion, in standard SAP all serial numbers are displayed. We should investigate the reason why this is not happening instead of directly going for any BAPI or work around. This would again create complications in the status of serial numbers. Can you please throw some light on following queries?

1. What I have experienced is, system prompts serial number screen only if you carry out partial posting. i.e. some quantity in block and some in unrestricted. If you are posting entire quantity in any of the stocks, system never throws serial number pop up. Please clarify, in spite you are posting all quantity in block stock, still system prompting for serial numbers?

2. When the serial number screen opens in QA11, it displays 3 options viz. Material doc, Material, No. serial no. What figures are being displayed there in your case against No serial no. Whether 5000 / 5000 or what? If it is 5000 / 5000 it means serial numbers are properly assigned to inspection lot.

3. Verify how many serial numbers are assigned to 101 material document. Use tables SER03, OBJK for this purpose.

I would suggest to escalate this issue to SAP instead of using any BAPI, as itu2019s surprising as per standard SAP.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anand,

Thanks for your immediate response. You have perfectly understood my problem. The following are the clarifications for your queries :-

Point No. 01 : We are posting the entire quantity (5000 nos.) to blocked stock. We enter 5000 in the To Blocked Stock field of Inspection Lot quantity Tab of the Inspection Lot. After entering the quantity we click on the Save button to post the Usage Decision. A pop of the serial numbers for select is given after clicking on the Save button. The serial number pop up is given if we try to process the usage decision for full quantity of 5000 nos. But sometimes if we put a smaller quantity say 20 nos. then the popup is not given and the usage decision is successfully posted for 20 nos. So the system behaves very randomly.

Point No. 02 : The serial numbers displayed for the selection is also random say sometimes 13/5000, 2500/5000, 0/5000.

Point No. 03 : I have checked the SER03 and OBJK tables and all the 5000 serial numbers are allocated to the material document.

We already have escalated to SAP, but do you feel there is some configuration issue for the same. Please give your valuable suggest.

Thanks in advance.

AJ

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahutosh,

Quite surprising system behaviour and interesting too! So itu2019s happening contrasting way.

1. If the 5000 serial numbers have been assigned to 101 material document and inspection is created with that document reference it must be cleared through QA32 only.

2. I guess, there must be something abnormal with the serial number profile you are using. Can you please just check what parameters are set for Serialization Procedure for Serial Number Management in SPRO? Whether any of these is set for optional or none?

3. It must be obligatory in order to have material movement with serial numbers.

4. Is it happening that, the stock is getting posted to unrestricted or block and serial number stats remains same as ESTO 02?

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

what we do is

Suppose you have lot of 50

10 you want to do RD & 40 you want to put in the block stock

then go to stock posting screen first you will get the praposal for unrestricted & list of 50 sr numbers>>>> here select the 10 sr nos which you want to put into block stock & delete them.

Now select rest 40 & save the posting.System will propose the remaining 10 to block stock just save them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

All the items are in Quality Inspection Stock. The customer has the process of transfering this stock from quality to block through movement type 350 vide Tcode QA11. The customer may also make return delivery to the vendor through this transaction. the same process applies to return delivery to vendor.

Can u suggest a BAPI for QA11 processing and upload through excel file containing serial numbers for both transfer to block stock and return delivery to vendor.

Thanks in advance.

AJ