cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart forms with barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have requirement to create bar code in smart form, the barcode format will be 39 full ASCII .

I have tried to create a character format with this font but it is not available in smartstyles.

Can you please help me how Can I create this and get into smartstyles ?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arul_murugan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try to create the bar code in Se73 using system bar codes and u can add it on the character format in smart style

Thanks

Arul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

But, what specification I have to give for 39 full ascii?

I really don't know this 39 full ascii.

0 Kudos

run tcode SE73, create a new system barcode and select "New Barcode Technology". Then select the Code 39 Symbology.

As far as i know, SAP supports the full ASCII mode of the Code 39.

The difference between Code 39 and Code 39 full ASCII is that you are able to use for example uppercase and lowercase letters within your barcode.

Code 39 is restricted to 44 characters. In Full ASCII Code 39 Symbols 0-9, A-Z, "." ,and "-" are the same as their representations in Code 39. Lower case letters, additional punctuation characters and control characters are represented by sequences of two characters of Code 39. For example, if you want to use "a", you have to use the encoding "+A".

I hope, this helps you a bit.

regards

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Rafi. It solved my issue.

And, Do we need to assign fonts to barcode while creating in SMARTSTYLES tcode ?

Thanks...

Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

in SMARTSTYLES, you have to create a new character format. In tab "standard settings", select the name of the system barcode you created in SM73. You can leave the tab "Font" blank. In this case, the header-font will be used to generate the barcode.

regards

Ralf