Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and trigger

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

W.r.t to the forum query

I went for a sender EOIO in ABAP proxy. This is working fine for Integration engine...wherein if we use a Queueid in the abap proxy ...the trigger is getting processed after data.

But the same is not getting followed when the records are appended by the receiver file adapter....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

You can also do this in another fashion, check my reply @[|]

One More solution,

>>There is another interface trigger coming from the same SAP system and a seeprate trigger file is generated on the target.

For this also use the same queid, which you used for the main interface. This is the best solution.

You can also set "Maximum Concurrency" in the receiver file channel to 1, which ensures serialization of messages at adatper level.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 26, 2010 2:28 PM

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 26, 2010 2:36 PM

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have used the same Queueid for both the main and trigger interface and it is workign fine for the IE but when it comes to AE ..while appending records to target file it is not followinig that sequence as the IE queue and AE queues are different

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also set "Maximum Concurrency" in the receiver file channel to 1, which ensures serialization of messages at adatper level.

check my (different, this doesnt require second ABAP Proxy) solution @

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Regarding your first solution ...you are using only a single proxy where you are sending the filename in the same interface..

and in the final chunk you are sending a unique filename which is changed by the script in the reveiver fileadapter supose that filename is ZFINAL ...after which the enduser will start reading the file...

but what if some previous append is still going on at AE ( due to large number of records ) and by that time final chunk is sent and the file gets renamed to Zfinal.....

Regarding the second solution..I have 2 channels one for data and other for trigger...if i change the maximum concureency in the data channel to 1 ...there will be serialisation in the records appended to the data file...

but what about trigger file...if it gets generated before...again i will face the same poroblem

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

The same requirement we had and I implemented this and it is gone live and running without any issues.

>but what if some previous append is still going on at AE ( due to large number of records ) and by that time final chunk is sent and the file gets renamed to Zfinal....

Can you explain how this can happen, when we have the serialization at both IE & AE (Set "Maximum Concurrency" in the receiver file channel to 1, which ensures serialization of messages at adatper level)

May be you are missing something from design point which you explained us.

Soon I would publish this as a blog, as I am seeing this as FAQ .....

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

Yes you are right if you are using only one target file where u append the data and then rename it with a final name..

but in my case i have to create two target files one for data and other for trigger.

if i use maximum concurrency as 1 in data channel...there are still chances taht trigger channel goes ahead of data right...

Howver your solution is perfect if you are using a single target file

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

>but in my case i have to create two target files one for data and other for trigger.

>if i use maximum concurrency as 1 in data channel...there are still chances taht trigger channel goes ahead of data right...

Even for your case too it can be achieved....:)

Use one Receiver File Channel for both interfaces (two separate scenarios in ID). Use Dynamic Configuration in the respective mappings(lets say for first interface use TEST.xml and for second interface use TRIGGERTEST.xml) and set the file name dynamically. Enable ASMA in the file channel. As said before use max. concurrency as "1". Let me know if you have any doubts.

Note: EOIO is already maintained from Outbound Proxy.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 26, 2010 7:24 PM

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I had thought of the same but the issue is my receiver channel for data has file type as " binary " and one for trigger has "text"

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will not be an issue if you go ahead with binary type for both interfaces. You can process textual data in BINARY mode. No harm.

"TEXT" type will be useful in case of special encodings.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply. But there is one more issue.

My data channel uses FCC while trigger doesnot...

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for your reply. But there is one more issue.

> My data channel uses FCC while trigger doesnot...

Does, the receving application bother about the data in TRIGGER file.( like control data how the main data should be processed).

If not pass any data.

Answers (0)