cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technology Preview NW04 on IBM DB2, "No start profile found"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have the following problem after installation of technology preview of SAP NEtweaver 04 with IBM DB2. When i type in the command line "startsap si4host" the instance doesn´t start and i became a error message "no start profile found". I logged in with si4adm and the profiles are in the correct folder und /sapmnt/SI4/profile

Who can help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is the problem with the hostname you are currently working in and hostname defined in the profile. Check the hostname in profile and accordingly change it by giving the following command:

Go to home directory

touch hostname

echo echo "hostname" > hostname

vi .cshrc

In case of any problem drop me a mail at ashish.kumar.sureka@sap.com

ashish sureka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I am also getting the same problem to start the system after a successful installation of NW 04 Testdrive SR1 with MaxDB 7.5.

My system is Linux fedora core 2 with kernel-2.6.5.1-358. So we are waiting for helpful answer.

Thank you

haman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately I ran into the same problem with WAS on SuSE 9.1. After I rebooted my machine I could not start the WAS again. Subsequent analysis showed that the virtual network interface that is created by the install script (something like /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-*:?) can't be brought up during boot. Apparently the way how to create virtual network interfaces has been changed with SuSE 9.1 (see http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux/2004-Sep/0734.html): To create a virtual interface it is now sufficient to add the lines

<b>IPADDR_1=195.155.155.1

LABEL_1=1

</b>

to your main interface file (/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-ethX) which will result in an additional network interface ethX:1 with address 195.155.155.1 when brought up with <b>ifup ethX</b>. With this interface in place you should be able to start the WAS again.

Cheers,

Achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to reboot your machine, I had the same problem the second time I started NW although it started the first time. Sometimes Linux is not very stable.

regards

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is the exact product you are trying to install and where did you get it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have ordered the NW04 Testdrive on SAP Knowledge Shop. The corrct order id is "50070261" and the description "DVD SAP NW'04 Testdrive DB2 UDB (Englisch)".

I think, there is a problem with the user environment after the installation.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Aha, sorry for that, but I was not aware we sell a testdrive with DB2. Internal communication was not very performant here. However, I'm not able to help in that case.

Is si4 the system name you are asked to use? All I know from that system is that installation is a little bit tricky and should not allow to change system name.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, i have ordered the new testdrive NW04 on maxdb 7.5 and i have the same problem. I think there is a problem with my suse linux 9.1. After installation, the install.sh script wants to shutdown the virtual interface which was created during the installation procedure. This step doesn´t works correctly.

Regards,

Bernd

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The correct version of your Linux needed should come with the product. Please check very precisely if you have this.

Benny