cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is not imported in to MDM in PI---->MDM scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here my scenario is loading data in to MDM from PI using MDM adapter.

When i tried for the first message it is successfully loaded in Data Manager through the Import manager but when i try for second message its not loaded in to Data Manger and from PI side it is showing that data is successfully sent to MDM through MDM adapter.I dont know what could be the wrong as i am new to MDM can anyone suggest me where should i check.

I also checked in the Port at MDM Console its showing the status as HasData.but when i check at import manager and Data Manager the second message is not there its only showing the first message or first record.

kindly suggest me.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

Since you were able to import data first time succesfully the import map and MDM configurations are correct.

Also the port in console shows Has data which means there are no exceptional occurences.

Please check if the MDIS has stopped and restart the same. If you are using windows then this can be done using services.msc

thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply...I did the same but no luck still its not loading the record.and port still showing the status as HasData..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

Have you changed Admin user ID password? Was this updated after restart of MDIS in the mdis.ini file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

If you are using MDM 7.1, Mount MDIS in Console and have a look at Import Server Log. The reason for import failure should be clearly mentioned there.

When you will click on Import server, MDM Repository must be visible along with DBMS, a valid user id and password.

or mention on which MDM version you are.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi / Alok,

No i am using the same master password in MDM7.1(SP02) for user Admin..i dont think so it is the problem...i am successfully able to login to repository...is there any possibility that port can be blocked?if so how can i unblock it....i have gone through some documents there it is mentioned that might be sometimes port can be blocked...any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kalyan

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

most of the times there is User creadential related issues in MDIS. Just refresh and retype password again.

Another way, Just log into to Import manager and select 'TYPE - Port" and then try to import the file manually. You will understan the issue.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...I did it thrice like that but no use...can you please tell me something about record matching....i kept record matching and also some value conversion methods in my scenario.for the first record it is successfully load and for the second record might be it is comparing with that first record which is already existed....is it something like that my matching record is not proper due to that it is failing to import for the second record...can you please clear my doubts?

Thanks,

Kalyan

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Can you please check it manually. Verify what it shows in Import Action wrt the Matching field that you have assigned for the second record.

If both the records have same value in the matching fields, then it will show match class as Equal. In that case to import it, set the Import action to Update options and not to skip.

You need to save all the possible actions in the Import map, ex: Create , Update options.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Thanks for valuable suggestion....Yes i did the same but problem which i found was lot of messages with same data were there in port->inbound-->ready folder and i removed the same messages and processed with new messages.

But one more doubt here...can't it directly store in data manger i mean without manual interaction lets say in the import manager we have to execute import option.....is it somethng like everytime when data comes to MDM from PI...is there any workflow which can automatical stores the data in data manager without executing import option.

BTW could you also provide me documents on creating customized workflows in MDM....??

Here is your hit...

Thanks,

Kalyan