Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Send Emails for failed messages without using Alert

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our project, we need to trigger Emails for the failed messages in SXMB_MONI / Adapter Engine without using Alert Framewrok.

Please let me know the below :

1. Is this really possible to avoid Alert?

2. If possible, then can we accomplish this by creating any PI Scenario? Please provide me some knowledge.

3. Can we do it by writing any ABAP Code? If ABAP report can make it, then please provide me the code/ tables which will be needed. If any Blog/ Wiki is there, then please let me know the URLs.

Thanks,

Nabendu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to write an ABAP Report which can handle this by checking any SAP Standard Tables which have the information like Message ID, Message Status, Message Error descriptions etc. and can send the email to a Group specific to any Sender Business System?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know about the above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Yes , you can do this by a simple ABAP Development . You can write a ABAP report for fetching the information from standard sap tables where status = 'E' and display the results in a screen or export in a external file and then schedule that report in a background mode. and Now use a PI scenario File & mail adapter's to send the particular file Customer ID's.

We can archive this with out Alert Configuration.

Regards

@jay

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further to AJAY's reply,

You can use RSXMB_SELECT_MESSAGES standard moni report. Take a copy of this and enhance according to your requirement. Like you can add ABAP MAIL API which points to a z table and which infact contains message information(sender service, interface, Receiver interface, Service and mail IDs) for further mail triggers. Schedule a job for this new report.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 26, 2010 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nabendu,

For more information youmay refer the bellow web blog.

/people/dhanabal.thangavel2/blog/2009/12/16/getting-daily-failed-message-list-in-xi-and-sending-an-alert-mail-with-attachementcsv-file-of-that-list

Regards

@jay

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

If your customer asks for mails with specific text for message failure, tell that it is not possible. Because Message will go through several engines like Adapter Engine, Integration Engine, BPE. You can not generate mails for the message failures in all these areas with out standard alert mechanism. These are pure technical alerts which only PI people can understand, not business alerts.

Example: assume your sender channel is unable to connect FTP Server, in this case you can not generate even though you will develop adapter module to generate alerts.

So for message validation only you can send mails not for message failures.

thanks,

madhu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. Is this really possible to avoid Alert?

Why do you want to avoid Alert?