cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change expired page (JAVA WD) to something more production friendly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We should all know the <b>"The Web Dynpro Application <Web Dynpro App> has expired. Please restart the application either with the refresh button or click the following link <Web Dynpro App Link>"</b> error page; but does anyone know how to change this content as we have users who see this as a bug whenever it's displayed and hence we need clear text to say <b>"This is your fault, get back to work"</b> or something similar.

Previously there was a reference to a web resource in the defaults; but this has been removed and replaced with a new application which has the useful feature of starting the application again but I can't determine how to overide the content (reading the html content - it seems configurable).

Anyone know how?

Thanks,

Matt

Message was edited by: Matt Harding

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried creating your own error page via SICF? http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5e/05a5421935c511e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - just to clarify, I'm talking about Web Dynpro for JAVA. Thanks for the reply though.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

You may refer <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9a/e74d426332bd30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Custom error pages</a>.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala - I'm almost there, do you know how to change it globally for a Web Dynpro server (non-Portal). I still can't find the reference to what's used by default anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Try changing the Web.xml under "C:\usr\sap\EPD\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\

tcwddispwda\servlet_jsp\webdynpro\dispatcher\root\WEB-INF"

for the error code 500, using the procedure specified in my previous reply. I guess EC=500 corresponds to <i>Session-Time-Out</i>.

Good Luck,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again. I think that will do the trick (will try shortly), but would anyone know where I can find the JSP or similar for the default solution so I can copy that?