cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Application on ITS Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to access an ABAP report via ITS Mobile. The report takes a date as input and shows output in ALV. There is only one screen (1000) for which I have generated an HTML template and activated a corresponding service in SICF. When the transaction is accessed via a normal web browser or mobile device, the selection screen for date is shown. When a correct date is entered and the report executed, the page simply refreshes and no values are displayed. Can anyone help with this?

Also, I have created a WebDynpro test application. Can it be directly accessed from a mobile device?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Z-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Zain,

I would say that the ITSmobile kick start is SAP note 1070064, a comparison between SAP Web Console and ITSmobile. It will point you to the SAP Help Portal:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/668d4b72255de4e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

About guides, manuals, I am afraid to tell you that, so far, they simply don't exist.

As far as I remember, there was a TechEd event where the "Update on Internet Transaction Server (ITS) and ITSmobile" course was delivered. I think you may find this here in the SCN.

All the best,

Cristiano

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Zain,

Please note that ITSmobile and Web Dynpro ABAP (WDA) are two different frameworks.

You can obtain more information about the ITSmobile in the Wiki: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/ITSmobile

Regarding WDA applications, according to SAP note 1098009, there is no support for mobile devices.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Cristiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

The SAP note was very helpful. I had found the wiki and gone through it earlier but I'm still struggling to understand some fundamental points:

1. Does ITS Mobile require a new application to be created against every ABAP report? I understand that for processes such as Purchase Requisition or Sales Order, applications need to be created for mobile devices, but what about reports that simply display data?

2. What mobile browsers are supported? For example, in my earlier post that you replied to, I mentioned that blackberry devices are now part of our local network. With the integrated Blackberry browser I am able to access ITS Mobile services, while I am not able to from the built in Internet Explorer or Opera Mini.

There seems to be very little help in terms of ITS Mobile. Are there any training courses/manuals available other than the blogs here and the wiki and SAP help? They all seem to be very limited in terms of fundamentals.

Thanks,

-Z-

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You need to create a template for every report.

2. http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/MobileDevicesand+Browser

I agree with you, there is very little documentation on ITSmobile. I haven't found any courses so far...

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zain,

Please keep in mind the ITSmobile supported screen elements also. Note 1037715

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find attached the sample code for the program i'm generating HTML templates for:

&----

*& Report ZZA_ABAPTEST

*&

&----

*&

*&

&----

REPORT ZZA_ABAPTEST.

****************************************************************************************************

*ABAP Report to display Sales Order Data

****************************************************************************************************

Tables: VBAK, " Sales Document: Header Data

VBPA, " Sales Document: Partner

VBKD. " Sales Document: Business Data

data: d_soldto(10),

d_shipto(10),

d_buyer(10),

d_billto(10).

Select-options: S_VBELN for vbak-vbeln.

Select vbeln

netwr

waerk into (vbak-vbeln, vbak-netwr, vbak-waerk) from vbak where

vbeln in s_VBELN.

endselect.

select single kunnr

into d_buyer from vbpa where parvw = 'BU' or parvw = 'RE' and

vbeln = S_VBELN-LOW.

select single kunnr

into d_billto from vbpa where parvw = 'BP' or parvw = 'WE' and

vbeln = S_VBELN-low.

select single kunnr

into d_soldto from vbpa where parvw = 'SP' or parvw = 'AG' and

vbeln = S_VBELN-low .

select single kunnr

into d_shipto from vbpa where parvw = 'SH' and

vbeln = S_VBELN-low .

write:/ vbak-vbeln, d_buyer, vbak-netwr, d_billto, d_soldto, d_shipto,

vbak-waerk.

Could anyone let me know if they have been successful in generating HTML templates and display data for this code?

Thanks,

-Z-

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the service parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jozsef,

I have set the service parameters as such:

~SOURCES ZSALESORDER, itsmobile

~ITSMOBILE 1

~THEME 99

~TRANSACTION ZZASALESORDER

ZSALESORDER is the name of my service created in SE80 published to the INTERNAL site. Upon execution of this ABAP report I got a "TEMPLATE NOT FOUND" error. Upon investigation in the ST22 log I found that it was a standard program screen from SAPMSSY0 screen 120. I generated an HTML template for that screen and now when I execute the report the screen refreshes but nothing is displayed. Are there any more templates or parameters that I need to set?

Thanks,

-Z-