cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stocks showing negative while using storage location control during putaway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am testing the scenario "storage location control" during putaway.

Plant:-9000

Warehouse:-900

Sloc:-0001(final sloc) and 0002 (GR sloc which is interim )

In ideal scenario when i post a GR with Sloc 0002, the sloc will not get copied in the Transfer requirement. When we create the TO and confirm it, the std storage loc 0001 will get copied and stock gets moved from 0002 to 0001(basically a sloc to sloc transfer posting happens indirectly) during putaway.

I have done the pre-requisite settings required for this scenario:-

In IMG:

- sloc 0001 as the standard sloc- enabled

- sloc 0002 as Stor. loc. not in TR- enabled

- warehouse (900),storage type (902), plant (9000), sloc (0002), mvt type 311 maintained with "combine posting changes" enabled.

- the material has been maintained in both the storage locations in the material master

While doing the above the transfer happens correctly from 0002 to 0001 in the storage type 001 on creation of the transfer order. But i see a negative quantity in stor type 902 GR area External Rcpts for the quantity which has been transferred from 0002 to 0001. Any clue why this happens?

Thanks

Anandha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anandha,

As per setting mention by you, it should work and posting change need to be created to remove the -ve quant at s.loc 0001. But these posting chnage is not visible in the system and also this kind of PCN can only take place in stoarge type sutiable for dirct posting from inventory management,

Please check indicator at storage type level (i.e. 902) for your w/h no. in below path:

SPRO>LE>WM>Master Data>Define storage type and check it under stock removal control

"Propose post chnage at same bin"

Field name: KZUAP, table T3010

Please check whether it's ticked or not?

Hope it helps.

Regards

Anand Misra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

Yes.. It is checked for 902 storage type...

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

to check first: how does the stock situation in LS26 look when you have posted the GR, created, but not confirmed the TO? You should have a positve quant in type 902 for sloc 0002 and a negative quant in type 902 for sloc 0001. Is that happening?

"maintained with "combine posting changes" enabled"

I must confessed I have never set this flag and never run the report before; but it worked, so I also see no problem you should run into.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen and Anand

@ Juergen:- the combine posting change was enabled.

It worked finally.. When i did a posting change using the report RLLQ0100, the negative quantity got offset.

Anandha