Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent registration Problem on solutiom manager 7.0 EHP1

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am tring to configure EWA for JAVA systems. However, I am facing some problems. Below are the details:

I have Solution Manager with the below Version:

Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

I have successfully installed Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager on Solution Manager. After that, I also successfully installed SMD Agent on Satellite system (JAVA). However, in Solution Manager Diagnostic Administration page of solution manager, I can see the 2 agents. However, the status of them is shown as " disconnected".

Can any one please tell me how to establish the connection between the SMD agent and Solution manager?

If you need any more information, please do let me know.

Your helpful answers are awaited here!

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

Please refer to the Diagnostics Setup Guide 7.11.pdf in

http://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> media library

You will be able to find more information on how to set up the connection parameters that are used by the SMD Agent to connect to Solution Manager.

The SMD_ADMIN user is created and credentials are automatically assigned in the Diagnostics Setup, make sure you do not UNCHECK any checkbox .If you use CUA, you can leave everything checked and use the checkbox in the top part of the "task list" before running the setup.

If you still face issues:

SAP recommends that the strategy "Direct Connection to Solution Manager" is used, that is, there's no need to use the Agent Candidates Management screen as this strategy connects the agent directly to the Solman.

These steps are mentioned inside the Diagnostics Setup Guide 7.11.pdf as well.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you. I have raised OSS message with SAP. If possible I will update all of you with the resolution.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have a solution?

regards

chris

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

Not yet. Basically got involved in some other high priority tasks. Hope to update this message with proper solution.

Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Please check

1) Whether the SMD Agent is running on the Server and you have installed the correct version as mentioned in the configuration document.

2) Click on Agent Candidates Management, in the Custom settings give the valid credentials and then select the agent that has to be connected. Click on the Selected check box and in the below field "Agent Connection Management" click on Attach.

After some time the agent gets connected to the system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Raghavendra.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Thank you very much for your valuable information. I have done exactly what you have told me. However, somehow, the connection is getting failed.

I checked in Monitoring System (Solution Manager) JAVA side, this user is available. But not roles are assigned! I changded the password from there and spcefied the credentials in above path where you have mentioned.

Again I check the SMD Agent connection. However after some time it says:

Access is denied by monitoring system please check the user/password and try again

The solution manager is ABAP+JAVA Stack. Also, CUA is configured in our landscape. I dont understand where should I go and change the credentials.

Also, my question is, Why this user (SMD_AGENT) does not have any authorization? Does not it need any authorizations? Since this user is created at the time of installation (Soluton Manager), why roles are not assigned?

In CUA environment, where should I go and change the user credentials?

Your reply would be a great help. Please do let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Please use the same UserID and Password, which you have used for registering the SMD Agent of Java system.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Raghavendra.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Thanks for your reply. I have used the same userid/password. However, still it gives me the same above error.

May I ask you to kindly help me look for some work arounds to resolve the same issue?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Can you please check the SMD agent logs on the Satellite system. It will have some meaningful information. Also check the runtime properties.

If the agent is connected you can check the same from agent administration page.

The user through which SMD agent registers should have(SMD_ADMIN)/ give the SAP J2EE admin role. Hope this helps.

Please check the credentials and revert for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan