Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option for HCM forms and Workflows

sap-harshada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project, we have need to develop 80 HCM Adobe interactive forms. But because of Licencing Issue client is suggesting to use custom Webdynpro applications in place of Adobe forms.

As I understand, HCM processes has capability to get the data from user using form, dataflow, getting approvels using workflows and update it to infotypes directly using bindings.

But replacing HCM processes with Custom Webdynpro applications will require manual handling of all the activities.

Question: Is there any better option for HCM processes and forms?

Awaiting your valauble inputs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Chris. I can't imagine any organization having 80 HR processes! Unless you are including EVERY available function in HR (i.e. including those that only occur every 80 years). First evaluate your processes. Can they be combined? Are we talking multiple countries and counting each as a process? After further investigation, I'm sure you'll be able to get 80 to at least half of that.

But if not, then it's possible to do WebDynpro apps and tie into the decoupled framework which is the same 'standard' framework used by Processes & Forms. This is what those other companies like AsplreHR are doing.

In all honestly, everyone in this space agrees that the licensing for the forms is expensive and only SAP is controlling that at the moment. But also evaluate the cost of the forms and using a standard supported solution to the alternative of doing everything custom (validations, infotype update, data consistency, etc...). If you're doing 80 forms then in the end it may be worth going with processes & forms.

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company, LLC

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Adobe INTERACTIVE forms are purchased in blocks of 20 pretty much....licensing gets a little tricky.

I can not imagine WHY you would be using 80 but ok. Maybe re-evaluate your processes to see if you truly need 80 forms or can use forms in multiple form scenarios/steps/etc. For example, I have a new hire process with 4 different actual business steps, but we take care of it all using ONE form. It can be done.

Past that, a couple of products are hitting the market for this very reason. If your are "throwing up a softball", well, then yes, Aspire HR has their "DynamicForms" product now. I am not completely sold on them yet (ie. like any consulting company, I think it is a "product" the promote to get their foot in the door for additional work....someone has to actually implement their product and handle the "not out of the box" things). A few more are coming....more focused on mobile solutions though I think....like Blackberry...iPhone/iPad...etc.

Otherwise, going the route of custom Webdynpro Abap is possible, but I would suggest HIGHLY against it. Too much work and on-going maintenance while other workarounds exist in the market (and as mentioned, you might be able to do it cheaper evne using the Adobe forms).

I would say to think carefully through it.

sap-harshada
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris.. that was very helpful.... We are yet to take decision on it.....