cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SOAP/HTTP to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I have this concern about sending data from SAP to PI without using any ABAP/JAVA proxy. The reason why I don't (more of I can't) use ABAP proxy is because the version of SAP is still ECC 5.0 and not SAP Netweaver 7.0. I need to send data from SAP to PI to update the Value Mapping data in PI. I am at the roadblock of looking for a Class and/or a Function Module that I can use to send a SOAP message to PI from SAP. Can anyone help me about this?

Summary: is this possible?

SAP -> (SOAP/HTTP) -> PI

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even in ECC 5.0 you can use ABAP proxies. Just create an ABAP proxy from the value mapping outbound interfaces. (I have done this even for SAP R/3 4.7)

If you do not want to use ABAP proxies, create an RFC with a structure corresponding to the value mapping interfaces and send the data with help of the RFC (sync or async, as you desire).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Capt,

I checked ur thread related to sending XML messages through HTTP in SAP. I'm tryin to incorporate this in my current assignment. Can u please helpl me with a document if u hv in detail which guides me this step-by-step as i'm new to this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a program to sent XML messages through HTTP in SAP. Though its not fully working yet, I think I took the right direction. Thanks!