cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Purchase Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have extracted material Idoc from SAP R3 system in MDM.

However,in MDM in Data Manager while managing the records

few changes are made namely two records are merged, one record is deleted (as it is found out to be duplicate with existing record).

Now in SAP R3 purchase order for that material already exist even before data was imported in MDM.My question is

....How that PO will be affected of the changes made in MDM? Is that true that PO will get auto updated by changes made in MDM or Do I need to manually make the changes in SAP R3 PO...if so how?

It would really very helpful if somebody could throw some light on that.

Regards,

Joe.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

In MDM when the merge of two records happen there is reference (combination of source system along with the unique idenfire) is stored. So even the merge is happened when you try to look for PO which is a transactional data you need to use the Reference data of MDM to R/3 so that the right PO is fetched. Here you need to define proper Syndicate map in which you need to extract the Source System name and Unique Identifier value from the Merged Recrod of MDM.

If yo uhav eany more quires you can reply back here.

Regards

Verea

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Thanks for quick reply.Where is this key Stored in MDM?

Are you talking about the Edit Key Mapping settings? if yes i found it to be blank for the records in Data Manager and syndicator.

Regards,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Every Record in MDM will have MDM Key which is displayed in MDM Key Setting. You can right click in Data manager and choose "Edit KeyMappings". Every record will have atleast one which is mandatory to know which is source systems that the record is existing with.

If the Key Mapping Settings is Blank that means the record is not merged with any systems. you need to look at your import profile again. Import the data again check weather you have mapped the autoids or not.

Regards

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

You should have at least one entry in the Edit Key Mapping screen for each record, even before you merge any records in MDM. The entry should contain the system name (from which system the record was imported) and the remote key (the identifier in that system). If there are no entries in the Edit Key Mapping screen, this means that you didn't map one of the source fields (e.g. identifier field) to the remote key field in MDM. The remote key field appears in the MDM Import Manager and is available for mapping if the client system you're using has been defined as import/export in the MDM Console.

Hope this clarifies a few things,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I have understood following things from your answer(Correct me if I m wrong)

1.Purchase Order is not auto-updateable ie even if we make changes in Master Data in Data Manager, PO will not reflect those changes.

2.Whenever I merge two records and create third one, I need to create identifier which will store reference of these two material nos and I wiil have to manually make changes in PO.

However, what will happen when you delete the particular material in Data Manager and it is being referred in Purchase Order created in SAP R3?

Also, what is going to happen when you just make changes in few fields of a material record and same material is referred iN PO in SAP R3?

how to track these changes??

Regards,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Joe,

MDM and R/3 are two difference systems. In your scenario R/3 is source system which has masters as well as transactional data. MDM only contains master data with reference to orginal record in R/3. If your scenarios is overwriting back to R/3 then only R/3 record will get updated with addition informat but there wont be change in identifier in R/3. MDM identifiere (MDM Key) contains the reference to R/3. MDM Key will change everytime the record is merged and it will form a new record but the references are still maintained in MDM.

I would feel you need not worry if you are able to syndicate the XML with reference codes.

Regards

Veera